i have found a home - vbg (1991) to rny (2/24/03) pls. respond

casey C.
on 3/18/04 12:43 am - south windsor, ct
i have search high and low for fellow vbg to rny's. i thought i was the only vbg failure in the world till i read some drs. articles. my doc said it would be harder for me to loose weight with rny than a "virgin" patient. i lost 15.4 lb.s the first week and 1/2. i've had virtually no loss (2 lbs) in weeks 2 or most of 3! i had my period during week 2 & started solids so i expected to make up for it in week 3. i was bad on fluids, but am trying to be better. i know i should be walking more too, but you would think on these restricted diets i'd loose something more than this. i'm scared, am i a failure with this surgery this early on? i'm able to eat more than an ounce if soft food, but i'm not really eating all that much. i'm afraid to call dr cuz nutritionist yelled at me for having an egg a day earlier than drs. recommended diet. please respond how you have done with your revisions.
Dianne J.
on 4/3/04 10:21 am - Somewhere near the 10 freeway, CA
Casey: My revision is scheduled for April 27, 2004. I will let you know what happens. .
carey G.
on 5/7/04 1:07 am - taylor, tx
Revision on 01/25/05 with
I was wondering how you are doing after you revision to RNY? I am considering having it done also due some complication of my VBG. Please reply hope you are doing well. carey
AUTISM M.
on 5/7/04 5:02 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, I'm a revision from the VBG. I had the VBG back in 99. My top weight was 410. I lost weight, I got down to about 330. I put back on all my weight. If you read my profile it will give you the details. I have to say for ME it's not true. I lost MORE weight with the RNY REVISION, and FASTER this time. My start weight this time was 392, I'm 4 months post opt and I'm down 89 pounds. Please TRY very hard to drink, that is so important. I'm NOT perfect as I have days that I don't do as well. Just do the best you can.. Also what was your start weight with your revision?? Hugs Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics