RNY to DS

janetlivingston
on 5/8/04 1:38 pm - Chicago, IL
Has anyone had this done? I am havingit done in June. Any info would help.
Sandy S.
on 5/12/04 5:10 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi Janet. I am 14 months post-op and l only lost 85lbs...gained back 15. I met with my doctor yesterday and he said that no insurance companies approve the switch to DS or to a distal GBP....he said this emphatically...funny I see this, eh? I mean he made me feel like I had no hope. He told me that maybe this was just it for me. He looked at my chart and said that I should be down to at least 150lbs by now, and I wear what I eat. He said there was nothing to revise in my surgery and that I need to find a stopping place between starvation and what I eat currently in order to lose weight. I am not overeating and I wanted feedback on my intake of food and fluids,etc. I got the hand to the face and no feedback at all. I want the revision so bad. My chances of developing breast cancer are huge with this body fat (my mom died in January 04 of breast cancer,and my sister was diagnosed at age 27...total mystectomy). I have adema in my lower legs again, my blood pressure is rising again, my cholesterol test came back high and I am still morbidly obese. I have a hernia, am not passing stool and I jsut had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago.....I ma in constant pain. I am so depressed....my doctor was so rude but no other doctor will see me in Atlanta. They don't want to work on someone else's patient is what I keep hearing. Did you go thru the same doctor for approval?
Rosalind G.
on 5/17/04 5:21 am - La Cañada Flintridge, CA
Please check out the DS forum here and: http://www.duodenalswitch.com I know you can have a revision, but it will be a challenging process to get authorization. Keep the faith. Call your insurance company to find out where you begin the process for the revision. I think you'll find people on the AMOS DS forum or the yahoo one that have been through this. Also, I hold you in my prayers for the loss of your mother. Roz
clpeltier
on 7/9/04 5:42 am - Howell, MI
Your physician is completely wrong. Insurance will cover a revision to the DS if it is medically necessary. What a jerk.
Most Active
Recent Topics