Stomach staples revisions

Tajuana R.
on 7/2/04 8:03 am - Riverdale, MD
Has anyone out there had stomach staples, and had a RNY revision
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/04 10:42 pm - SD
Hi.....I have have a staples but some of mine are disrupted. The surgeon I am seeing said he would prefer to use the Lap Band above the old RNY because of my history and medical past. But not sure if the insurance will cover that procedure or not. But his second choice would be to fire a new line of staples across the old broken down staple line. Vonnie
CarmallaH
on 7/7/04 8:48 am - '278/226/ Ellis, TX
Hi Vonnie, I was told that a Lap Band over a VGB is dangerous. And that the best way to fix failed stapple line is to have a RNY. After much research and 3 diffenent Doctor who said the same thing, I went with RNY. Carmalla
Kitsy I.
on 7/5/04 8:38 am - Vicksburg, MS
My staple line broke after 11 years out. I just had a revision to RNY in April. I have lost 40 pounds in 3 months which I feel is slow but doctor says is good for a revision. I feel that I can eat way more than other patients with standard RNY but I am losing so I can't complain.
Barbara M.
on 7/6/04 6:20 am - Clayton, NC
Had staples 23 years ago and will be having open RNY on 7/12
Lisa S.
on 8/31/04 2:06 am - Shelby, NC
I would like to know where you are having your revision. I have been through the whole approval process to have my disrupted VBG revised to open RNY and now my doctor says that the corporate insurance coverage that provides his malpractice are no longer covering them for revisions. I fee like I am dead in the water for getting this fixed.
Dianne J.
on 7/6/04 11:41 pm - Somewhere near the 10 freeway, CA
Tajuana: I had staples when I had the VGB in 1988. I was revised to the open RNY on 04/27/04.
CarmallaH
on 7/7/04 8:50 am - '278/226/ Ellis, TX
Hi Tajuana, I had a VBG- (stomach stapled) and now I have a RNY. I feel much better. Carmalla
clpeltier
on 7/9/04 5:34 am - Howell, MI
You can also revise your stapled stomach to a Duodenal Switch. Check it out before making any decisions.
Most Active
Recent Topics