REVISION??????? appt with surgeon on monday the 26th :uhoh:

karen K.
on 7/22/04 3:01 am - Lawton, ok
i am not sure if i need a revision. any advice would be greatly appreciated. i had my open rny in march 2003. i lost 120 in the first 8 months...then a platuea. well i thought it was a platuea, then i found out i was pregnant. i vomitted everday for 3 months at least 3-4 times a day, very violently sometimes. i went to get my ultrasound in my fourth month and the baby was dead. they did a dnc and and after recouperating i decided ok, now i can finish loosing the rest of my weight (i would be a happy to loose 60-70 but to be at goal i need to loose another 100). i upped my protein, drank all my water, exercised 4 times a week and nothing. i would go up 4 pounds and down 4 pounds but no loss. i talked to my doctor about it and she said it was just a platuea (family doctor). well a few more months go by and i have joined ediets, exercise doing all the right stuff...and it dawns on me....hey i can eat more than i used to be able too....not only that...i dont feel full like i used to feel full. so i start experimenting...and lo and behold if i want to i can eat alot. i am trying very hard to keep calories low and do all the right stuff...but i feel like i did when i tried dieting and failed at that. could i have messed up my stomach when i was vomitting so much? If i am a proximal could the doctor revise me to a distal? i so want to loose the rest of this weight. right now i am at a bmi of 40 which would still leave me in a category to be approved for wls. i dont want to be a failure at this. has anyone else had this happen? karen
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/04 5:46 am, edited 1/25/12 1:15 am

Most Active
Recent Topics