Hi everyone!!

shoua X.
on 7/27/04 9:34 am - saint paul, mn
I'm 13 months post op. I had the vgb done.. it's been like six months with no weight loss. i went in for an upper gi the other day and the results were that all the staples were intact, but it wasn't restricting anything, so everything i eat is going straight to the stomach. i was wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing. i have an appt to see another surgeon, but am wondering if i would be a canidate for a revision, because the staples aren't really broken down, just not restricting!! any insight would be greatly helpful!! thanks!!!
karen K.
on 7/28/04 8:04 am - Lawton, ok
if you arent being restricted, and that is what the staples are there for, then the surgery isnt working correctly. i would think you are exactly why they do revisions.
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/2/04 2:16 am - East Burbs, MN
Hi Shoua~ I, as well, am going thru what you are, HOWEVER, I am a 6 year post-op. I had an UPPER GI, and the radiologist noted that everything was intact. I now have an appt with the surgeon to review the results. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, if you keep them crossed for me!! Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics