Insurance.....

Stephanie D.
on 8/25/04 11:23 pm - Wheeling, WV
Hello everyone!Does anyone know about or have Carlink(Health Assurance)HMO? I went to see Dr.Gagne in Pittsburgh,PA.He said my pouch is large and that he could do a revision.The insurance company told me that my plan doesn't cover anything for weight loss but to find out a DX and procedure code so they can double check.I had RNY 2 years ago.Lost 92# and gained 40# back.I would like to have DS but if the insurance won't cover a RNY revision they certainly won't cover DS. Thank you for any help! Stephanie
darlene W.
on 8/29/04 3:47 am - indianapolis, IN
stephanie, i thought if you had a rny that was permanent and you wouldn't gain weight, did you have any other problems with it. darlene
Stephanie D.
on 8/29/04 8:54 am - Wheeling, WV
darlene,yes it is possible to regain weight.for different reasons.....but mine is do to a stretched pouch.the only other problem i had was chronic constipation. stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/09 9:37 am, edited 1/28/09 9:37 am - Togo
Almost all insurances cover wls. Many will falter when they look upon it as cosmetic surgery though. maybe that is how they see it.

it should not be up to you to find the codes. they are the ones who are supposed to have that. nevertheless contact your doctors insurance person and ask if she knows the code for your insurance company.

additionally look into your insurance coverage yourself. read it. find out for yourself what is covered. i wouldn't call and ask because it sounds as though they are putting you off. wls surgery is very expensive and insurance companies, generally speaking, pull back when it comes to spending big bucks. when you have information that leads you to beleive you are covered then call them and confront them.

Most Active
Recent Topics