Need help with Insurance after reject

Beverly P.
on 9/2/04 10:14 am - Semmes, AL
HELP!!! I have been rejected by my Insurance co because I had my stomach stapled about 25 years ago and the policy only pays for one wls in a lifetime. Has anyone appealed the Ins co and won. If you have please tell me how you did it. I have a lot of co morbidities now that I didn't have then, high blood pressure, GERD, bad back problems. When I had the previous surgery there were no support groups to help you & the surgeon didn't help with telling my what I could & couldn't eat. Just felt like I was abandoned after surgery. No there is a lot of support. I am so depressed about this. Hope someone can help me. Beverly Payne
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/04 1:50 am - SD
I would try and appeal there decision to deny surgery. For one thing were they your insurance carrier when you had it 25 years ago? After appealing it and if they deny it again call a obesity lawyer to help you. The cost of them might be well worth it. Vonnie
Beverly P.
on 9/3/04 2:37 pm - Semmes, AL
Thanks I am gathering info for my appeal now. I want this so bad. Please pray that I will be accepted on my appeal. Beverly
dtspoodle
on 9/9/04 2:30 am - Las Cruces, NM
Appeal, Appeal, Appeal!! Techniques are so different than 25 years ago. Your co-morbidities alone should qualify you for weight loss surgery. Dale
Most Active
Recent Topics