Revisions lose slower?

smithjl
on 9/5/04 2:05 am - Highland Village, TX
I have heard that revisions lose slower. I am proving this theory true. I had a revision from a staple lined disrupted VBG to an RNY about 2.5 months ago. I dropped 50 w/ the VBG...and have only lost 27 pounds since my RNY. I think I will average 10 pounds a month if I work at it! Is the slow loss related to the original 50 pound drop, or is it mechanics? I am also a lightweight...so maybe that has something to do with it. Jennifer
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/04 10:03 pm - SD
Hi Jennifer, When I had my intestines made more distal in 2001 my weight loss was just as fast as the first time around. So I am hoping when they use the Lap Band to close off the staple line breakdown I will lose the rest of my weight fast. Good luck with your weight loss! Vonnie
janetlivingston
on 9/7/04 2:15 pm - Chicago, IL
I had a revision June 2nd RNY to DS. I started out at 267 I now weigh 210. I am very happy with my revision. My goal is 165. I hope to reach it by my one year anniversary. Good luck!! Janet
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/08 4:20 am - Togo
I am going to be having a revision too. and my doctor told me that revisioners tend to not lose as much. BUT - he also agreed with me that it really depends on how the person handles the surgery. That is true of so many things in our lives. 

The great thing though is that you are losing! 

I stress always that weight loss, to be permanently successful, needs to be a combination of diet and exercise. i am a big beleiver in swimming. it was such a huge help to me in the past. it saved my life.

Those are my thoughts. Have a good day.

Most Active
Recent Topics