I need a revision or a "fix"

sjbob
on 9/12/04 7:37 pm - Willingboro, NJ
I had an endoscopy done about a month ago and the gastroenterologist noted that I had a gastro-gastric fistular. I had an open distal RNY that was transected. The doc noted that the native stomach is now in the distal segment. He gave more technical info in his report, but my PCP said that my RNY has "burst" ( not the best nor most descriptive terminology for a doc to use) and I need to have the surgery done again. I already have an appt to see a surgeon for the initial consult. The original surgery was done 11-16-2000 and I don't know when the fistular occured. I suspect it may have been about 18-24 mos ago. In typical fashion, I had been blaming myself for weight gain and suffered from the resultant guilt and shame. Like many others, my original surgeon no longer accepts my ins, so I had to search for a surgeon to do the revision. Duh, I was a dummy in looking all over NJ and ignoring Philly. I found several in Philly who would do the revision and none in NJ (either because they don't take my ins or because they don't do revisions on other surgeons' patients).
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/04 10:25 pm - SD
Robert, I am glad to hear you found a surgeon who will accept your insurance and take on cases of others surgeons. I know how difficult it can be! It took me a long time to search for a surgeon who was willing to take on my case. I am waiting for a surgery date yet and it's hung up still with the therapist getting her letter in to the surgeons office. So it can be frustrating. My insurance doesn't need prior approval only thing I needed to do is meet all the criteria which I do. I wish you the best of luck with getting a revision. Take Care, Vonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics