Need revision???

Jackie Y.
on 9/13/04 5:57 pm - APO, AE
I had an open RNY 2 1/2 years ago. I was doing very well, but my weight lose STOPPED COLD about a year and a half out. I exercise daily, watch my food intake, but...I have now gained 17 pounds back and I am so unhappy. I don't know what else to do but perhaps look into a revision. I am always hungry even though I eat at least 40 grams or more of protein a day, drink water, and stay busy....Any suggestions on what I need to do about this. My clothes are getting tight and I am devastated!
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/04 3:06 am - SD
Jackie, I would go back to the surgeon to see if it's a mechinal problem like stoma, stapleline or maybe your pouch is streched. It's best to find out before to much weight comes back on. I wish you the best of luck. Vonnie
sjbob
on 9/14/04 7:22 am - Willingboro, NJ
I know one person said to go back to the surgeron, but you can probably have your PCP write a referral for a gastroenterologist to do an endoscopy and look at your stomach. That doc can see if there is a problem as far as the mechanics of the surgery are concerned.
Pat Bell
on 9/21/04 5:30 am - Southeast, GA
Try the Stillman diet. You might be surprised to see the scales drop 10 pounds in a week. Go to the internet and type "Stillman diet" if you are interested.
Most Active
Recent Topics