8 years post op--question

Laura J.
on 9/26/04 1:00 pm - Garden Grove, CA
I had open RNY 8 years ago. Laproscopic was not perfected then. I lost 150 pounds and have kept it off. I started at 400 pounds and now weigh 250. I consider myself and the surgery a success. I am considering having it done again not because of failure but because I have more weight to lose. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this? Can significant weight loss (50-60 pounds) be achieved the 2nd time around? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
sjbob
on 9/26/04 2:32 pm - Willingboro, NJ
First of all, any revision surgery is considered more serious and more difficult than the original surgery. If you are willing to take the risk, you can probably lose more weight due to another surgery. Will your insurance pay this time? It seems that insurance companies are making patients be sure that they want the surgery by having them provide more proof that they need it and that they've tried everything else. Can you lose more by using the pouch rules? Look up 'pouch rules' in the Library section. Make up your mind, gather your med files and proceed. Since many people don't come to this Board, you may want to ask your question on the Q&A section as well as on the Main Message Board.
Most Active
Recent Topics