Revision On The Way

WLS G.
on 10/2/04 4:32 am - GA
Hello, I had my original surgery about 2 years ago. I weighed 325lbs and about 9 months later, lost a total of 90 lbs down to 235lbs. I slowly started regaining and now I'm back up to 270lbs. The first surgery was an RNY-proximal with 80cm bypassed. About a month after, I had problems keeping food down, so my pouch was stretched to allow me to keep food down. I THINK THIS WAS ONE OF MY MISTAKES! Another was I ate way too many carbs and sweets. Another was the failure to exercise on a regular basis. I kept up with regular appointments with my surgeon and he monitored the progress. With my weight gradually increasing, I started to consider a revision. After talking with my surgeon and failing to lose the weight on my own, he agreed that he would perform the revision. This time around he plans to convert me to the Fobi Pouch by making my pouch smaller, lengthen the bypass to 150cm and banding it with a ring. Hopefully this will help me reach my goal of 150 lbs. Keep me in your prayers................
star .
on 10/4/04 9:27 pm - OK
Having a stricture is NOT one of your mistakes. Having the opening streched is Normal practice.. if the opening was made TO big - AGAIN this wasnt NOT your mistake. good luck on your revision.
Most Active
Recent Topics