2ND REQUEST DENIED,,,,BUT......

AMYLU
on 3/18/05 5:46 am - Conroe, TX
I hate to go into the whole story again. But quickly, denied in Oct. insurance medical review team recommend seeing a bariatric counselor for phych evaluation. My own phych wasnt good enough that I had been seeing for three years for mild depression. Also wanted me to take nutrition courses. Did all three, saw the nutritionist at Memorial City Herman for three months and had the evaluation with a bariatric phych (I will not even attempt to spell that word!!). So found out yesterday that the "Medical Review Team" denied me again with the reccomendation that I undergo pycho therapy to prepare for possible surgery, this they feel is what the doctor I saw was reccomding too! Well I guess I am crazy, BUT, I know better so I called the physch I saw he told me to come today, which I did. Mind you on a friday all the way from Conroe to the west side of Houston. He disagreed with what they where saying and is writing an adendum to the letter as we speak and It will be faxed to my insurance as soon as its complete. For people who think this is the easy way out!!!! Let me tell you countless trips into Houston, at least 12 to see doctors and have tests and counseling and nutrition consults in the last seven months, I am here to differ. But, I am hoping that we have singled out the thing they are looking for and with this and a personalized letter from me that this will do. We will see. Still watching all of you in your journey daily. Jeannie, I am soooo excited for you, and know you are doing well. Janice, Cheryl N.,Theresa Covington, Ramon Lopez, Jenny in North Texas, Curious Mickey Diva, Linda Jones. Debra Flores, Sassy Samara, lisa lips and whoever else I forgot. Ya'll are with me daily whether you know it and I hope to get to meet you all one day. Please keep me in your prayers as I do you and I will update again soon.
Cassandra K
on 3/29/05 4:46 am - Reno, NV
Amy,, Sending prayers your way. I was denied twice for a revision too. I came to find out it was a blessing in disguise. I was lead to another surgeon who looked into the problems with my first DS. The original surgeon denied that anything could be wrong with the first surgery because he performed the surgery correctly (not). The original surgeon wanted to just shorten my common channel and not touch my stomach. It was found by my second surgeon that my stomach be left to large to get the weight off in the first surgery. The original surgeon had performed a common channel reduction on another patient that failed to loose with the first DS too. On the revision she failed to loose any weight at all. I was so glad she shared her story with me as I knew I could not undergo a revision and not loose any weight at all. I was already so depressed about the first failed wls and blamed myself over and over as the surgeon had convinced me it was my fault as he performed a flawless surgery. (Yeah right) Anyway I came to find out the reason I was denied the revisions was due the original surgeons own comments on the revision request to the insurance company. I guess he felt the need to justify himself to the insurance company instead of looking into the reason the surgery failed. I am glad now that I found a better surgeon who found the problem of my first surgery and fixed it. I have done so much better with my revision then I did with my original wls. I believe my first surgeon was new and to inexperienced at the time I went to him. I just want to say I wish for you a miracle too and way to escape from this terrible disease of obesity. Keep trying and keep looking for other options even if it means finding another surgeon and traveling out of state as I did. I am so glad that I did.... Best to you. Cassandra
Most Active
Recent Topics