Dumb Revision Question

Lisa O.
on 4/5/05 1:56 am - Rohnert Park, CA
How many people are having their revision because of complications and how many are having their revision to lose weight again. I know for myself if I could turn back the clock I would never have had the original surgery 19 years ago. When I did I had a procedure they don't do anymore because of the morbity rate. I've had infusions for iron, transfusions and infusion for vitamins my body doesn't absorb anything any more and my original surgery has failed, I'm back up to 173 lbs at one point I was at 125 or 126. I have also developed a fistual that food gets caught in and rots causing me to have infections. I swallowed a pill came in SF 2 months ago and it showed that I have several and sever lesions that bleed and get infected. I get the lesions from food contamination. I have horrible stomach pain and have passed out from the loss of blood. I'm terrified what is going to happen with this revision. I know that I'm praying for a different quality of life from what I have now.
Patti N.
on 4/5/05 7:14 am - Marion, IN
I'm having revision next week and its just because I've gained so much weight I've never experienced anything like you mentioned I'm sorry you've had so many medical problems,I hope this surgery can help to give you back the quality of life you desire. God bless . Btw my original wls was 21 years ago.
Lisa O.
on 4/5/05 9:00 am - Rohnert Park, CA
Patti - That was one of the kindest most sweet hearted emails I have ever recevied. God Bless I hope everything goes well for you. Are you nervous have you had your pre-op appointment? Please let me know if I can help you. You're in my prayers. Lisa
Patti N.
on 4/7/05 1:51 am - Marion, IN
Thanks Lisa, as the old song goes I'm "standing in the need of prayer" I have my preop appointment on the 12th. Am I nervous yes and no I'm kind of a strong beliver (sp) in destiny what will be will be and that its sort of out our hands anyway. God bless. Patti
Cassandra K
on 4/7/05 3:40 pm - Reno, NV
Hi Lisa, It's not a dumb question all! I had a revision for more weight loss as I stopped loosing at 3-4 months postop with my first wls. My revision went very smooth and I'm very happy with the results. I'm so sorry to hear of your medical problems. I really hope that the revision will help your medical problems and hope that you have as smooth a surgery/recovery. I went to several surgeons for opinions on what should be done with my revision and got different opinions. It's a really good Idea to consult with a few different surgeons if at all possible as some only specialize in a particular type of weightloss surgery and some in many different types. It's really important to have one with lots of revision experience as revisions are higher risk then original wls. I found getting consults a good way to put my mind at ease regarding the whole situation. So, incase you might want a second opinion I highly recomend Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco. He's an excellent surgeon and wish I could have worked my insurance to go to him. (although my revision surgeon Dr. Crookes in Los Angeles was awesome). Dr. Rabkin has lots of revision experience in many different types of wls. He is at the university and his website iswww.) pacificsurgery.com/ Good Luck and please keep us posted! Cassandra 10/01/04 revision -104
cruise queen
on 4/11/05 5:41 am - cabin 719, VA
Hi Lisa I need to have my revision for staple line disruption. I am not transected which seems to be a pretty safe surgery at this point. I had rny 6 years ago by got an ulcer on the staple line and ate right through so now I need the revision. Just want to wish you good luck Tina
Lisa O.
on 4/13/05 1:29 am - Rohnert Park, CA
Tina- Let me know when your surgery is so I can keep in touch, Thank you so much for the warm regards. Lisa O
Most Active
Recent Topics