Do you think I sound like I need a revision?

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/05 2:27 am
I had a lap RNY 4/29/02, lost 130 lbs., in the first year or so, not much since. Lots of problems with Iron, I now have IV iron infusions, feeling much better and able to exercise, but not really losing.... I seem to have a pretty persistant appetite lately too, I am really sad that I don't seem to be getting anywhere. A friend mentioned that a revision should be done, maybe a band procedure? I would appreciate any advice, I'm feeling pretty lost these days.... Lisa
sopralto
on 5/5/05 7:25 am - WA
I had a RNY in 1992 lost only 70lbs (needed to lose 120) and regained 80 (of all the luck!) Over the last year, I lost 60lbs the old fashioned way...by dieting and exercise. I cut out lots of carbs and found that appetite thing got much better. It takes about 3 days to fully rid your body of the blood sugar swings that stimulate your appetite. Exercise also helps me avoid eating (it is frowned upon at the health club to eat on the machines!) A family member is thinking of WLS so I have been exploring these boards and just heard about revisions...my health is so good I hate to have surgery again if I can just work with the original RNY. I give myself B12 shots, but just found out I've been taking the wrong Calcium! Having the band over my stomache would concern me, aren't our pouch-like stomaches already weakened?
Most Active
Recent Topics