Help... thinking of a "revision" 15 years later

misy71
on 4/15/05 12:56 am - Gilbert, AZ
I had a biliopancreative diversion about 15 years ago and went from 430 down to 279... I'm currently back up to 310 and am thinking of a "revision" I didn't know they could do this until I found this site... anyone had a revision? I know they don't perform the BPD anymore due to failure rate... but I'm hoping to have something similar... I'm nervous that the surgeon won't want to do it... due to my previous surgery... Any info you can give me would be GREAT! Thanks Missy
Cassandra K
on 4/15/05 1:42 pm - Reno, NV
Hi Missy, You may want to check out Dr. Peter Crookes at USC in Los Angeles 1-800-usc-care. He's very good at revisions of all types. In fact I am very happy with my revision results from him. Your best bet might be to consult with a good DS surgeon as they are also more familar with the malnutrition aspects of the BPD. The Duodenalswitch is now the preferred surgery over the old BPD. You can read about it at (www.) duodenalswitch.com or join us here at the OH DS community. If your surgeon didn't remove your lower stomach/pylorus duodenum It would seem a good possibility of a conversion to a DS. If your lower stomach was removed they maybe able to adjust your distal RNY small intestinal limbs and/or trim the size of your pouch down. Good Luck Cassandra 10/01/04 DS Revision Dr. Crookes -104 cw:149
Kellaneese P.
on 6/1/05 6:50 am - College Station, AR
10/01/04 DS Revision Dr. Crookes -104 cw:149 Cassandra, are you saying that you've lost 104 lbs. since your REVISION??!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/05 7:41 am - Yakima, WA
I'd like to encourage you to post this to the DS forum as well as your state board - Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics