Revision questions!?!

LaKeAffy
on 4/18/05 1:39 am - Moore, OK
I am currently seeking a revision from VBG to DS. I have two questions: 1.) I gained back most of the weight I lost with the VBG 3 years ago (only 49lbs lost/29 regained) Do I have to still qualify for WLS to get a revision? Do I still need to be 100lbs overweight? I am trying to lose as much as possible before surgery. 2.) I found out that the band in my VBG is corrupted. Will insurance consider this a reason for a revision to a DS? I, of course, will ask these questions to my surgeon on my first consult but I am just wondering what you guys have to say . I am just now seeking a revision because I had no insurance for 3 years, will this hinder me at all as well? ~LaKeitha
AMYLU
on 4/18/05 2:57 am - Conroe, TX
I have no time to write right know, but check out my profile, I am a hopeful revision from vbg to rny. maybe it will answer a few questions. Good luck Amy
AUTISM M.
on 4/18/05 10:07 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Lakeitha, I had the VBG back in 99, I had staple line break down, I had a revision to the RNY, as nobody here in Pittsburgh did the DS. To answer your question, from what was told to me by my doctors office, it was better that I did " have a problem" so the insurance would pay for it. I know the nurse that did my intake had the vbg some years ago, and was not 100 pounds over weight and they approved her, Im not sure if she had staple line breakdown. I wish you the best !!! Kristin
Michelle B.
on 5/2/05 2:09 am - Rockport, WA
Hello there, I also had a VBG and gained all of my weight back. But I also obtained a Hernia and it caused me to have acid rflux problems. So because of this problem the Dr.s felt that I could have a revision and I submitted the information to the insurance Co. and they approved it. Do you have any mediacal insurance now? I had my revision on an open medical coupon. Hope this helps, Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics