Considering revision -- multiple abdominal surgeries

kathymoss
on 5/20/05 11:39 pm - Missouri City, TX
Considering RNY revision - intestinal bypass in 1973, reversed with stapling in 1980, gall bladder removed in 1975; VBG in 1986; BMI is 40; Seriously concerned about scar tissue and the increased risk for leaking; have met with Dr. at Texas Medical Center in Houston; I am 100 lbs overweight and he said I could expect to loose 60 lbs with the RNY, but I need to seriously consider the risk involved because of the scar tissue; Suggestions please and anything you might have to offer re the scar tissue.
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 5/25/05 10:08 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Kathy~ I had a revision to my 1998 VBG to a RNY on 2/08/05. My surgery was OPEN for both procedures due to concerns with scar tissue from previous surgeries. ALL WENT well and I am doing GREAT. I wish you all the best as you proceed thru your journey of self-rediscovery! Hugs!!
jill D.
on 6/23/05 3:35 am - wickliffe, KY
I HAD MY VBG IN 1995 AND I HAVE GAINED BACK ALL BUT 50LBS. I AM GOING TO HAVE THE RNY ON JULY 6 2005 AND IM GETTING SCARED TO DEAD BECAUSE EVERYONE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT NOT LOSING FAST AND SCAR TISSUE BEING REALLY DANGEROUS. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP TALKING TO YOU BECAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE YOU REALLY DONE WELL.....PLEASE CONTACT [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics