I have a 50/50 chance...

LaKeAffy
on 5/24/05 2:58 am - Moore, OK
Well I went to my first consult with Dr. Anthone in Omaha yesterday. It was a 9 hour drive!!!! It all went pretty good. He says I am a great canidate for a revision to DS. The only thing is he said once he gets inside and sees how much scar tissue I have he may have to do an RNY. I asked him what the chances were of this happening and he said 50/50. This was a little upsetting to me. I feel really stongly about the DS instead on RNY. He understood my concerns but of course he will do what is in my best interest according to my anatomy. OF course I want what is best but I was so excited about the DS. Has this happened to anyone? Has anyone woke up with an RNY expecting a DS? ~LaKeitha
Cassandra K
on 5/28/05 4:45 am - Reno, NV
Hi Lakeitha, I would be concerned about that too. I'm surprised to hear that from Dr. Anthone who is one of the first surgeons to be performing the DS. I think if I were in your shoes I would get another consultation from another DS revision expert or maybe even two. How about checking into Dr. Husted in TN? Maybe Dr. Suden or Dr. Smith in GA, Dr. Gagner in NY, Dr. Crookes in Los Angeles? I would call around to those in your area and get their version of a revision. There are some that will give you a DS and no chance of RNY. I would go with one of those surgeons if it were me. It might be worth the airfare if you need to fly. Good Luck and keep us posted. Cassandra DS revision Dr. Crookes -105 10/1/04
Most Active
Recent Topics