Staple line breakdown

Heather L.
on 6/4/05 4:49 pm - Atoka, TN
If there is a mechanical problem such as a staple line disruption, will insurance cover the repair? I am scared!!!!
DBS
on 6/4/05 10:26 pm - Southwest, OH
Heather, it depends on your insurance company. My original surgery was covered by Anthem, but since then we switched to UHC, who will not pay for WLS under any cir****tances. Call your insurance company's customer servie and ask. Good luck!
Heather L.
on 6/5/05 8:44 am - Atoka, TN
Thanks for the info. I have the same insurance I had at the time of my initial surgery. I am scared. I hope I don't have to go through the long drawn out process I had to go through before. Thanks, Heather
Just M.
on 6/7/05 9:41 pm - NC
Heather, I discovered I had a staple line disruption in 2000, original surgery was 1997. It took me almost 4 years to get my insurance to approve the surgery, but I had a different insurance than when I had my original surgery. Have your doctor write a letter stating that it is a repair and not the original surgery. Also, have that doctor put in there the risk if it is not repaired. That is finally what helped in getting mine approved and my insurance company will not approve any type of WLS.
Most Active
Recent Topics