Nervous

drinwi
on 6/11/05 10:08 am - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
I'm in Monterrey for revision surgery from lapband to RNY on Monday. The doc's assistant just came and gave me the Fleet drink and the antibiotic to start taking. BUT - - she also indicated that once Dr. Rumbaut gets in there and takes out the band he MAY NOT be able to do the revision to RNY? ARGH!!!!! I am so nervous, I have all my eggs in this basket and now I am scared that when I wake up from surgery there won't be anything in there. Anyone else been through that? Renee'
DBS
on 6/12/05 10:58 pm - Southwest, OH
Renee, still working on getting my revision, so have not been thru this... Stay strong and focused. It's tough that you got that kind of info from the assistant rather than the doctor---so take it with a grain of salt. I have found that medial professions would rather err on the side of caution, so they will warn you about even the smallest chance scenarios to cover their butts. (And in this sue-happy world, is that a surprise?) You probably won't read this until you are out of surgery---hope everything went smoothly, that you are in the least amount of pain, and you got the surgery you wanted. Blessings!
drinwi
on 6/18/05 7:50 am - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
Hi there, I was unable to email you so I posted instead. I was let out of the hospital just today. It was not the standard 1-2-3 for me, oh no. I had to make it difficult. I am posting my story to the main message page so please see it there. Thanks for your email and care. renee'
Most Active
Recent Topics