What kind of weight loss can i expect the seacond time around ?

melissa Y.
on 6/12/05 2:27 am - phx, AZ
I am scheduled for a revison on the 16th of june . To make a long story short basicly my stomach emptys very fast, I never feel full . The frisrt surgery was in jan. of 2000 . I did lose 140 pounds. I never did reach my goal ,but was very happy with the results . In the last two years i have gained about 50 of the back . One of my biggest fears is that i will not lose much with the revison . I hear many people say it is much harder to lose weight . Is there anyone that has had a revsion done for the same reason ? What was your weight loss ? Is there hope that one day i will at least get close to my goal ? I now weight 290 hopeing to someday weight 140 ? I don't want to fail at this twice. I Melissa
SKW4241
on 6/12/05 3:51 am - indianapolis, IN
From what I have heard, the revision weight loss is slower than the first time, but the good news is you will be loosing ; not gaining. Who is your insurance carrier? Did they approve you the first time or did you have to appeal? What did you have to provide for insurance to approve the second time around. Thanks SW
melissa Y.
on 6/12/05 4:08 am - phx, AZ
Hello , I have united health care. They were wonderfulI i was apoved about 3 day after they sumitted it for apoval . I feel very lucky to have gotten this second chance . I am not sure what they told them to get it aproved , I owe it all to lori the person that deals with getting you aproved she did something right . Melissa
DBS
on 6/12/05 10:54 pm - Southwest, OH
Lucky you, my UHC policy contains exclusion for any treatment pertaining to morbid obesity, surgical or non-surgical. You got good coverage! Good luck!
Carolyn B.
on 6/13/05 12:45 pm - Clearwater, FL
Out of curiousity...what kind of surgery did you have the first time? I am checking into having a revision done on my RNY Gastric Bypass that was done laparscopically (sp). I had my surgery in 2001 and have put weight back on. I have been reading about the DS and from what I have heard so far this can be done. What doctor is doing your revision? Thank you!
melissa Y.
on 6/13/05 1:44 pm - phx, AZ
Hi Carolyn , I to had the RNY Gastric Bypass . The doctor who will be doing the revison is Dr, Newhoff . I am not sure i understand what is DS ? He will be putting a ring at the bottom of my pouch so i will stay full longer .... I am sorry I just read about DS . That is differnt then what i will be having done .
Just M.
on 6/24/05 3:58 am - NC
Melissa, I had a revised RNY in September of last year. This was after my pouch came "unzipped". My original surgery, I lost about 125 lbs. Gained all but 30 lbs back. I have now lost 70 lbs and yes it is much slower. I am sorry to say that, but you need to know. I have not been able to get my exercise in like I want, but have been eating like I should. I hope it goes a lot faster for you than it did me.
Most Active
Recent Topics