Do you think I need a revision?

Jan H.
on 7/8/05 4:37 am - Ypsilanti, MI
Hello, I have been reading about the revision surgery. I think I need a revision. I had a RNY micropouch in 2002. I started at 250 and lost to about 183.I am 5'6. Now I weigh 190. I am very frustrated. I did what I was supposed to and I have exercised. I contact my surgeon's office and all they say is talk to the nutritionist. I do not think that will help. Has anyone here ever had a micropouch rny? Has anyone here had a revision to a dudeonal switch? Should I have some test done that will let me know if my pouch or stoma is messed up? I am in Michigan, so if anyone knows a surgeon that could help me please let me know. Thanks!
LINDA H.
on 7/14/05 6:22 am - CANON CITY, CO
I'VE HEARD THAT IF YOU STOP LOSING OR PUT ON A LITTLE AFTER A WHILE THAT YOU SHOULD JUST GO BACK TO THE BASIC BEGINNINGS TO KICKSTART YOUR BODY INTO LOSING AGAIN. IT CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE IT'S WORTH A TRY. GO BACK TO A CLEAR LIQUID DIET FOR A WEEK, THEN A FULL LIQUID DIET FOR A WEEK OR TWO, THEN TO SOFT FOODS FOR A COUPLE WEEKS THEN EASE BACK INTO REGULAR FOODS AND WATCH THOSE CARBS. LINDA HOLTZ
Most Active
Recent Topics