Maybe some help for those gaining, new procedure

Kriola
on 8/11/05 3:24 am - On the water, MA
I read the following in Nursing Spectrum , New England edition, July 18, 2005, about correcting problems with SLD and the opening from the pouch to the intestines becomes larger and RNY folks begin to gain weight. I imagine you can read the entire article at their web site. nursingspectrum.com. I couldn't put the article in, in its entirety. This hospital is in Boston, MA Endoscopy to the rescue "Slattery and Christopher Thompson, MD, advanced therapeutic endoscopist and director of developmental Endoscopy at Brigham and Women's Hospital, have developed a procedure to correct pouch problems and help patients avoid another invasive procedure. Thompson's procedure employs an endoscope that features an attached sewing device. The endoscopist inserts the endoscope (following the administration of general anesthesia) through the patient's mouth and uses the sewing device to repair the problem." Another thing mentioned is if you have acid reflux, it could be an indication of an opening in the pouch... Good reading for all. Best wishes MaryLyn
Most Active
Recent Topics