Revision Scheduled

DBS
on 8/12/05 1:56 pm - Southwest, OH
I can't believe it---my revision is scheduled for the second week of September. My original RNY (old style) surgery was in 1987---I lost 160 pounds in a year. I kept it off for almost seven years, but during my pregnancy is when I noticed a lot of weight gain. An upper GI shows my staple line is totally gone---and it is when I was pregnant that I was suddenly no longer lactose intolerant. I was able to eat ice cream for the first time in years. (And unfortunately I ate and ate and ate...) I am scheduled for a BPD/DS---I am a little concerned about the waste and odor issues, but I think I would rather live with that then how I feel now. I'm a little worried---last time I didn't have a young son depending on me...
SimplyDelicious
on 8/15/05 3:38 am - Montpelier, VT
I can understand. My revision is on sept 22nd. and my SLD happened when I was about 31/2 months out. But the way I look at it is this ...I am at risk being obese, struggling to breathe walk play with my kids( I have 4) and the illnesses that obesity can bring on... well having the repairs/revision( they are transecting my stomach this time around which they didn't the first time) is worth it to me. I want to know I have a hand in my health and this is my decision for doing it. There are risks and to be honest I am soooo scared about surgery. But then again I freak out when I see needles LOL. So take a deep breath look at your son and say "yes, I am going to be here to see my grandchildren, I am going to do the things I want with the freedom weight loss gives me." Good luck to you remember to let go of the stress and look forward to your next journey. Good Luck ~Carey~
Most Active
Recent Topics