New/Old member lurking on the sidelines......

Shawna T.
on 8/18/05 12:55 pm - Slave Lake, Canada
Hello to all! Many of you probably have heard this story or ar in fact living it. I had VBG about 4 years ago. There were six of us ladies to have the surgery at the same time with Dr. Hollingsworth in Cardston ,AB. The other ladies dropped close to fifty pounds in s short time.. me well I lost twenty pounds. About 18 months later I lost about fifty pounds on my own. I found out the stiches dividing my stoma from my stomach had never really been secure or my body was simply removing them. My stoma was still the size of an egg but it was slowly coming apart. By now it must be wide open. I feel really weird to have this deformed stomach for really no reason I went back to Dr. Hollingsworth and he would not fix the problem because he said my stomach may be attached to some organ that lies behind it (pancreas?) and detaching it could be life threatening. I then went to see Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat to see if he could revise my surgery to a RNY. He did a scope and immediately said no because my stoma was too small. I have since climbed the scale...I believe I am about 310 lbs at 5'4". I have an appointment August 29, 2005 for initial consult with Dr. Davey in Edmonton. I am hoping to get some good news. Anyways, good luck to all and I will check this message board as often as I can. Shawna
SKW4241
on 8/18/05 10:10 pm - indianapolis, IN
Hey Shawna, Maybe you should consider speaking with a doctor that specializes in revision surgery for bariatrics. They may be able to do the things that either a doctor cant or wont do. I had the same surgery in 2002 and lost 140 pounds and my staples have broken down as well. I am currently appealing for my insurance to pay for my revision. Good luck SKW
Evie
on 8/19/05 11:52 am - Arnprior, Canada
www.shedweight.com Dr. Elliot Goodman. He will help you. Even though he is not in Canada, you CAN have this done. Good Luck to you! Eve
Most Active
Recent Topics