Can't sleep

Cris B.
on 8/28/05 11:17 am - Beacon Falls, CT
HI. I had my band removed last monday and had bypass. I can't sleep since I left the hopsital.... Any Help......
Evie
on 8/30/05 7:51 am - Arnprior, Canada
Hi, you should speak with your surgeon or your doctor! Especially if you haven't been able to sleep since your surgery. Good Luck to you Cris! Eve
DBS
on 8/30/05 9:52 am - Southwest, OH
Cris, Are you just waking up for no reason, or are you in discomfort? Definitely, if you are experiencing pain or some other symptoms, call your physician. If you are just waking up, there could be so many reasons... Surgery can do weird things to you. And maybe you are hungry! Are you lactose intolerant? If not, maybe a mug of warmed milk? If you are, how about some turkey. You are so close to surgery, I'd cook it soft and then puree it, or maybe even try baby food turkey. Both turkey and milk have something called tryso-whatever---anyway, it's something that makes you drowsy. That's why all the guys pass out in front of the tv on T-Day. Make sure you are getting plenty of protein in. Even if your stomach is smaller, you still need to feed it! Good luck, Darlene
Cris B.
on 8/31/05 11:52 am - Beacon Falls, CT
Thank you both for your advice. I went to the surgeon today and he said that the reason I am not sleeping is because I am hungry. I have started stage 2 today. So I hope I sleep tonight.
Evie
on 9/5/05 2:21 am - Arnprior, Canada
Good Luck Cris! Eve
Most Active
Recent Topics