Post-Consult

becklath
on 9/27/05 12:58 pm - Norman, OK
Well, I had my consult with Dr. Pearce, then had an endoscopy on 9/15 to find out what shape my first surgery was in after 2 years. Found out that my band has eroded into my stomach wall, and I have 2 areas that are pre-ulcerative, giving me a bad case of gastritis (which explains all the stomach pain and nausea I've been having for over 6 months now). Also, my pouch has stretched enormously... Following the endoscopy, Dr. Pearce had told me it "looked positive." When I talked to the staff member assigned to helping me with insurance approval after that, I asked her how she felt about it, as she works with the insurance company often. She also feels it looks favorable, as Aetna's major criteria for medical necessity is complications with or from the previous surgery. My request for approval will be submitted by the end of this week. Then I can start bugging the insurance company. Until then, there is nothing for me to do but sit tight, and I am finding that hard to do after the past few weeks of tests and tracking down medical records... I am cautiously hopeful at this point and am so glad to have a place to talk about the progress that is being made. My thoughts are with all who are sharing this journey, whether you are just thinking about it, seeking insurance approval like me, fighting it out with your insurer, planning for your surgery, or have already had it...we are all in the same boat, even if it isn't going at the same speed for all of us...LOL... Anyway, I will sign off now...Again, thanks for listening to me.. Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics