Hi Everyone,,,I am new here and have a question

MandyG
on 10/4/05 3:50 pm - Quakertown, PA
Hi everyone, I am thrilled to have found all of you that seem to be in my same situation {revision}. I had a VBG back in 1999 and lost approx 75 lbs,,,I am now 30 lbs heavier than before I had the surgery,,,,,Anyway, I am in the process of trying to get approval for a revision to RNY. I went to my original surgeon and he said the first step would be to see if the insurance company would approve another surgery,,,,I guess my question for all of you is ---Does anyone have Blue Cross-personal Choice PA,,,and is so what was your experience working with them for the approval? I have a feeling I might not get the approval due to them already paying for the VBG. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Take Care, So Happy
FOGHORN
on 10/5/05 11:55 am - sweet home, OR
hi there. i has vbg one year earlier then you in 1988 and have gained almost all the 200 pounds back. i got a endoscopy yesterday (camera down throat into stomach) my staples had markedly come undone. drs words, he said he could have put 4 cameras in the opening. i have heard that 80% plus failure with vbg. the picture was sure graphic. i am going for revision surgery in november early for roux n y and am looking forward to lasting results. at 56 years old i was falling apart physically. ever hear an obese person say i am the best moving 300 pounder you'll ever see. that was me. now with apnea, arthritic knees, diabetes i was kidding myself. the greatest part will be having a fantastic support group this time and the help of the internet. i was cast off last time with nothin to help me. as for the approval i was very lucky with united health care and got approved. you must have your ducks in a row, all listings of failed diets, a pcp recommendation, a good office staff at your bariatrics clinic and a lot of perserverance. dont take no for an answer. the posts on these are available with a little work. hope this helps. good luck on the future see you on the losing side as they say dave
Most Active
Recent Topics