FemAnon’s Posts

FemAnon
on 5/6/20 8:18 pm
Topic: RE: VSG Looking for Revision, but Relatively Healthy

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new here and I need some input. I tried searching to see if a similar discussion has already been posted, but didn't find anything. However, if this is a repeat, I apologize.

I had VSG in August of 2016. It was the best decision of my life. I started at 255 lbs. and got down to 145 lbs. In the past year or so, I've gained back some weight...about 20-30 lbs. I know this is not a significant amount by any means, but I'm just looking to prevent further weight gain. I have been tracking everything I eat and trying to eat my protein first, but I cannot seem to lose weight; in fact, I'm gaining weight.

I had GERD before my surgery but have not had it since. I honestly have no real physical health issues (no diabetes, GERD, etc.). I'm 30 years old and looking to potentially have some revision surgery, but I don't know if I would qualify (in terms of surgeon criteria, not insurance criteria) for any revision procedures.

From what I read, people who got revision surgery seem to have had one complication or another. Is if anyone else is in the same boat (ie no complications but seeking revision)? If so, what procedure did you get (or at least consider)? Do you have any recommendations on where to get said procedures done?

Thank you for your help!

Most Active
Recent Topics