AnaliaM’s Posts

AnaliaM
on 5/11/18 3:48 pm
Topic: RE: Time off work and recovery

Hi Cheryl!

I removed ny Lap Band and they did the Sleeve at the same time.

No soreness at all, just a little discomfort when I woke up, the first day you will be fully on medication so don't be scared.

I stayed 2 nights at the hospital because I wanted to feel more secure, I felt better taken care of at the hospital than I would have been at my house. The next day I left without nausea, vomiting, or pain.

Everything is going to be alright, good luck!

Lap-Band 2009 -Revision to Sleeve 2018

AnaliaM
on 4/16/18 6:13 pm
Topic: RE: Just Getting Started

Hi Kelly!

My story is almost the same as yours: I used to be 255 pounds, the day of my LapBand I weighed 244 lbs, and my lowest weight was 165 lbs.

Then I moved to a different location, changed doctors, and started the road of fillings and unfillings. I went back up to 190 lbs and start talking about revision with my doctor, meanwhile I was doing all the tests my insurance required (almost the same thing when I did the band), and I gained a little more in the process.

The day of my revision (sleeve) on March 6th I weighed 198 lbs, everything was fine, and today, 6 weeks later, I've lost 25 pounds, so now I'm at 173 lbs.

I'm more than grateful, I spent months here reading all the stories, and people have said that when you get a revision, the weight loss process is slow. But in my case, so far so good. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with your process, hope you can do it as soon as possible and start losing weight again!

Ana

Lap-Band 2009 -Revision to Sleeve 2018

AnaliaM
on 3/12/18 4:34 pm
Topic: RE: Drain Tube? Catheter? Anyone?

Did you have a drain tube after surgery and how long did you have it? I had a catheter and they removed it the day after surgery, totally painless.

Tomorrow is my one week post-op appointment and I'm hoping they will remove the drain tube.

But, I've heard that removing the drain tube is another story. Can anyone tell me, please, how bad is the pain?

AnaliaM
on 3/10/18 7:47 am
Topic: RE: Lap Band 2 Sleeve Tomorrow

Thanks Marina

Surgery went by the book, recovery is different, a little harder than I thought.

Walking, sipping, day by day!

AnaliaM
on 3/5/18 4:09 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Band 2 Sleeve Tomorrow

I need to be at Cleveland Clinic tomorrow March, 6th at 6 am and my surgery is scheduled at 8 am with Dr Szmostein.

I read over 300 pages in this forum, and I would appreciate any thoughts, comments, advice, tips, whatever you think I need to know.

Based on all I read I should be expect a lot of pain, mostly in the place the port was, nausea, pain due to the gas, etc.

Anything else I should know?

Most Active
Recent Topics