apw0’s Posts

apw0
on 3/28/18 6:57 am
Topic: RE: 2 month stall?

I'll be 2 months out from my DS revision on 4/1. I haven't lost a single pound in almost 2 weeks. Is this normal?

apw0
on 2/16/18 7:53 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Bypass Revision

Well, being only 2 weeks out from surgery, I'm still in the pureed food stage, so when I do eat, it's only about a cup or so. I have been nauseous, but the zofran really helps. I haven't been dizzy at all.

apw0
on 2/16/18 11:01 am

Hi Ana....

I actually had the sleeve to DS revision, and not the RNY. But my biggest issue is the soreness, and remembering that I can no longer gulp water. I have to sip throughout the day.

But I have seen several posts for the sleeve to RNY revision, so can someone help answer Ana's question as to what to expect?

Thanks much!

apw0
on 2/14/18 3:22 pm

Congrats on your decision!!

I was sleeved in 2011, and I had a DS revision (actually, it's a completion) on 2/1/2018. As of this morning, I've lost 12 lbs. As far as my pain level goes, I had some pretty severe scar tissue from previous abdominal surgeries, and the post surgical pain that I'm feeling, is a direct result of the extensive removal.

All things considered, I believe that I made the right decision for myself. I know that the pain that I'm experiencing now, will pass very shortly. And I'll be up and around, and just be better!!

I wish you all the best, and please, keep me posted.

Annette

apw0
on 6/1/17 10:21 am
Topic: RE: Band to Sleeve-how did you get approved?

Hi everyone!!! It's been years since I have posted.

I'm considering a revision from sleeve to DS, and in speaking with my surgeon, he said that they don't offer the band anymore, and that the manufacturer actually no longer produces them! They found that the band didn't 'perform' like they had initially hoped, in that it didn't provide adequate weight loss, among other issues. I know this doesn't really help with your insurance approval, but I thought I would chime in.

I wish you all the best!

Most Active
Recent Topics