amytang81’s Posts

amytang81
on 8/31/18 1:11 pm
Topic: RE: severe reflux

Apparently, the surgeon had left the base of my stomach much wider than a normal sleeve. He said that he has noticed that this particular surgeon did that alot. How I understand is that is what is creating the acid. However, I would be extremely nervous to sleeve again if that was even a thing just incase it didnt solve the acid.

I feel like crying because I'm in pain daily but I'm not. I am still lucky I only have this issue. Prior to your revision were you in pain daily. Pain that would go from dull burning pain and occasionally increase to pain that would almost send you to the emergency room? I sometimes feel like I'm being over dramatic.

How is the bypass post sleeve? Any complications? I know dumping is a side effect but as long as you dont consume more than 5gm of sugar that doesn't happen?? Also, how are your vitamins? Are you taking them daily?

Thanks for your insight on this I appreciate it.

amytang81
on 8/31/18 10:35 am
Topic: RE: severe reflux

I have been battling with GERD for a few years only worsening over this past year. Taking prevacid 30mg twice a day and carafate 1gm four times a day. Had an EGD this morning and my GI doctor feels all my problems are from the sleeve. Apparently, my surgeon left a pouch at the bottom of my sleeve. He is recommended revision. Of course, I'm super nervous about that but also don't want to take PPIs for the rest of my life either.

I'm curious if anyone else has had similar issues. Did you have the revision? Did you revise to another sleeve or go for a bypass?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

amytang81
on 12/29/16 7:01 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeve Revision

I am interested in anyones experience on this topic as well. 

Most Active
Recent Topics