What's this?

Carolyn1905
on 4/27/10 11:29 am

I am 2 weeks out and just noticed where one of my incisons is (left side) it feels like a small lump just beneath the skin and it's kind of painful. It has been the only spot that has bothered me since surgery (dr said he had to pull the muscle) but it feels worse today.  I did mop my kitchen floor today...maybe too soon to do things like that but now I wonder if I messed something up????

krispygale
on 4/27/10 11:43 am - Lexington, KY
I had the same thing under my incisions when I had my surgery. It was just part of the healing process for me but you could ask your surgeon just in case.

SW268/CW162/GW125/LW135  

OHHappyDaise
on 4/27/10 11:47 am - Las Vegas, NV
I have the same little lump under the skin however on the right side. It became a little irritated when I wore panties and pants over it so I covered it with a bandaid which helped. Careful doing too much too soon. If the pain gets worse call your surgeon. I am not a doctor but I kinda doubt that you messed anything up. Be on the safe side and call. Good Luck.

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
mrslatch
on 4/27/10 12:47 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
Chances are you probably just over did it a little with the mopping today, and that is why they pain is there, and you noticed the little bump. I'd take it easy tonight and if its not feeling any better at all by tomorrow you could always call.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

adele I.
on 4/27/10 12:52 pm - easton, PA
God Bless your husband for serving our country and God Bless you and your family for supporting him,.
mrslatch
on 4/27/10 12:55 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
Aww, thank you so much! That really made me smile.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

mandajolyn
on 4/27/10 1:11 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I have bumps under a few of my incisions. I was told by my surgeon that it was the sutures under my skin and that it would go away. They are getting smaller, they hurt occasionally but are getting better.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?