Hey Nik --thanks for the thick shake

kilmarlic
on 5/5/10 4:23 am - powells point, NC
I love the thick shake recipe/process that you posted last week. Texture is super duper important to Oscar the Pouch even at 20 months out. I especially like the fact that it takes 2 minutes in the blender - now I may be just a touch passive-aggressive but it made me really giggle this morning. 

You see I started my morning shake in the blender and went down the hall and did the moisturizer routine, hair gel and quick brush of the teeth while the blender was "humming" away.  But the dear fella of mine had a 2 hour delay for work this morning due to fog (I was not so fortunate). He had plans for a little extra shut eye.... I could have used the magic bullet. It is so much quieter and a whole lot easier to clean up but......well.... the little devil in me chose the big, honkin, noisy, earth shaking blender.  It sounded like someone was there tearing the side off the house. By the time he came grumbling down the hallI had grabbed my shake and was out the door.

Just had to share it with ya.
- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Russel B.
on 5/5/10 4:35 am - Ellicott City, MD
I have to second that emotion - well not the passive aggressive wake up the house blender thing - although it is tempting - but the Triple X method of shake making.  It is nothing short of miraculous.  My wife - who is considering WLS - has struggled with finding anything protein shake that she likes.  And she likes just about everything I've made this way.  Who knew after four months or so, I'd find something this changing in the food regimen.  Thanks Nik - you are the best!

Fear is the lock and laughter the key to your heart            
MoLawEd
on 5/5/10 4:43 am - Cambridge, MA
I've dittoed this at least 3 times, but why not another?

This method has revolutionized my perspective on protein shakes.  I liked them before, but now they seem almost sinful.  I'm actually planning to serve my mom a protein shake for dessert for our next dinner party.

Also, I'm getting to a point now where every shake is either Triple X or protein coffee . . . probably not good. lol.

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/5/10 5:21 am - Baltimore, MD
Awwww...shucks. Thanks guys!

I loves me a creamy thick shake and I was on a mission to get it right! And when I did I couldn't keep it from you guys! You all keep me going.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/5/10 5:57 am - Baltimore, MD
Check this out. I gave you a shout out. Also anyone who is asking themselves "What is the Triple X method?"

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/05/official-triple- x-method-post.html

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

kilmarlic
on 5/5/10 6:13 am - powells point, NC
Love IT!!!!

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views