Just a quick quesion

amyskieblu09
on 10/17/10 11:26 am - Hillsboro, OH
Hi everyone, I have a physical and history appointment on the 29th of this month and they said I would get my surgery date then, My question is , can anyone tell me usally about how long after a physical and history appointment do they usally schedule the surgery? Thanks so much for all of your help
Amy
BlueberryBB
on 10/17/10 11:35 am
 It depends on your program.  I had my surgery w/in 2 weeks because there was an opening and happened to have the final class w/in that time.  In those 2 weeks, I had to have 2 blood tests (labs, and pregnancy), pre surgery class (last of a series), and a day of "cleaning out" prior to surgery.

Maybe someone in your same program will have more specific advice :)  Congrats to being so close to changing your life!
Dawn

207 lbs lost; 47 to goal
amyskieblu09
on 10/17/10 11:44 am - Hillsboro, OH
thanks for the response they acyually had me do all the classes before they submitted my info to insurance for approval . WoW I hope they schedule me that soon!
free4ever
on 10/17/10 1:29 pm - Elizabeth City, NC
depends on your insurance and your doctor...

Kellie

amyskieblu09
on 10/17/10 2:16 pm - Hillsboro, OH
i have recived my insurance approval and i go in for the physical and history on the 29th of this month and they said i will get my date then, my family who has never had this type of surgery done, keeps telling me it will be - 2 weeks after this appointment but I dont know if they are right , but i hope they are right
Teresa_Ann10
on 10/17/10 5:16 pm - Beech Creek, KY
It does depend on your DR but most have you do a 2 week pre-op diet and a cleaning out day!! Mine was 1 month out and  ended up my EKG came back abnormal and I had to have a full Cardiac clearance done but all was cleared and It went on as scheduled!! Best wishes!!
amyskieblu09
on 10/19/10 9:46 am - Hillsboro, OH
Thanks for your relpy my insurance required pulmanary and cardiac clearance before they would approve me so i had to do all that already and luckily he only requires  a liquid diet the day before surgery .
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 526 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 328 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 35 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?