a good breakfast choice?

Bralen
on 3/23/11 7:02 am
Half of a toasted whole wheat sandwich thin with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of sugar free jelly.  (I'd only eat half)  I'm just over 4 weeks out and I'm searching for a decent breakfast. Eggs aren't sitting well with me.

Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/23/11 7:04 am - Baltimore, MD
You don't have to eat eggs, but that isn't a protein heavy breakfast you have there.

Do you do well with cottage cheese? You could have that or flavor yourself up some plain Greek yogurt.

Matter of fact, breakfast doesn't even HAVE to be breakfast food.

And btw...there's nothing wrong with using a TABLESPOON of sf jelly. It's like 15 calories and what, 4g of carbs? Y'all get me with your teaspoons...;)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Bralen
on 3/23/11 7:06 am
LOL. I actually don't want my jelly to overpower my peanut butter. I hate it when there is too much jelly on a PBandJ.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/23/11 7:08 am - Baltimore, MD
Ah...proceed then! I just hear of folks doing that to "cut down on calories" and I wonder if they read the label!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

mksgr1
on 3/23/11 7:08 am
I noticed if I hard boil the eggs and then eat the whites it sits better than scrambled up?  I don't know why but you could try it.  You could do the sandwich thin with a turkey patty or some ground turkey and cheese.

Margo N.
on 3/23/11 8:44 am
I often have Carbmaster yogurt and up the protein by mixing in 1/2 a scoop of vanilla (I tried a scoop, but I thought it was nasty and too thick). I toss in a few berries and I'm good to go....Sometimes a tablespoon or two of Kashi Go Lean cereal (but you're too early out for the granola). You could also use the sugar-free preserves instead of the berries.

Best wishes!

Bren
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

cindy31
on 3/23/11 7:25 am - Gwynn Oak, MD
I sometimes do a biled egg with a little margerine and pepper, a protein shake or, a piece of a protein bar. I try to get protein with each meal
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
babybooo828
on 3/23/11 7:26 am
 I don't usually do breakfoods anymore. Typical breakfast foods don't sit well with me and others, I just don't like. I try to eat something left over from dinner that is full of protein. Weird, but it works.

Amber J.
on 3/23/11 7:32 am - Kirkland, WA
 I do about a 1/2 to a 1/3 cup greek yogurt (because I can't eat very much) with a tablespoon of SF preserves (usually peach) and a little splenda. This is about all I can eat because I always feel a bit queasy in the mornings and it helps settle my stomach.

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

AliSarah
on 3/23/11 7:36 am
I have been known to have 3 ounces of sliced turkey and an ounce of cheese, or I'll have quoatmeal. Today, I had a chicken thigh, 1/3 of a banana, and a tsp of peanut butter... I can do eggs, so I will eat those too, but really I just eat whatever is around that has a decent amount of protein, regardless of it's status as a breakfast food or not...

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
 HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views