TMI ALERT! Female stuffages...

ChrissyD70
on 3/23/11 9:36 am - O'Fallon, MO
Ok, so I weighed around 320lbs for at LEAST 20 years... now that I have lost 99lbs.. (CANT GET TO ONEDERLAND YET.....ARGH!!! but 'yet' is the key word..)

Anywhooo....

I tell my docs I have two stomachs... the gut above the belly button and the gut below.. It used to all be rock hard, even tho I was huge.. Now I am all mushy like jelly and have developed Inverse Psoriasis under the lower stomach and along the inside of thighs.  Holy painful, itchy and obnoxious...

I have tried prescription Nystatin, A&D ointment, Neosporin, Hydrocortisone, powders, you name it.. and I cant get it to go away or even less painful...

HELP!  Has anyone else had this issue?  feel free to private message me if you dont want to go public about it.. lol..  Was there anything anyone used that helped short of going to a dermatologist?

I am goofy off the wall today.. I think the warm temps are melting my brain... not to mention the skin in the unmentionable parts of the body...

Thanks for reading and helping.. sorry if I grossed out anyone!!
I am very good at having opinions and always willing to share :)  Not shy at all!
Check out my site.. www.showmetheskinny.weebly.com

kristine V.
on 3/23/11 9:52 am - FL
well i haven't experienced this because i'm too early post op to even have excess skin BUT if you developed the psoriasis due to the skin, when you're in maintenance, you may be able to get plastics covered by your insurance if nothing is working to give you any relief!
  starting weight: 343 current weight: 273 goal weight: 143
ChrissyD70
on 3/23/11 9:58 am - O'Fallon, MO
That would be FANTASTIC.. but I doubt it would be covered so soon.  However, its always worth a try!  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  The worst they could do is tell me no, and I would be in the same place I am anyways... lol
I am very good at having opinions and always willing to share :)  Not shy at all!

Amber L.
on 3/23/11 7:37 pm - Sweden
You don't want to get plastics until you have lost all the weight you want to lose!
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

Lorib-house
on 3/23/11 9:56 am
 I have regular psoriases, and have been to a dermatologist many times and have tried so many drugs I can't recount them all.  Mine are on my back , legs, arms, breasts.  I have even tried shots to see what could be done, all to no avail.  I am very curious about inverse psoriases.  Would you tell me what they are, and let me know if you find anything to help.  I am sorry to tell you I have had these for about 10 years and nothing has helped.  Good luck to you.  Lori
ChrissyD70
on 3/23/11 10:04 am - O'Fallon, MO
If you do a google search on inverse psoriasis, it has a bunch of pictures.  Its called inversed because its smooth as opposed to the usual scaly psoriasis..  It almost resembles a large, strawberry birth mark.  It can form in all the meaty sections.. lol.. under the breasts, arm pits, groin area.  Where moisture gets trapped.

It goes from hurting like your skin is being hit with a sharp blender, to itching like mad, to just a red mark on your body.  This has been going on for about 3 months.. I have been to see the dermatologist for other things, just not this.. I tend to keep that area for the ob/gyn!  LOL!!! 

Will keep everyone posted if I find some secret way of making it go away!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 10:08 am - SC
Sent you a message and a friend request.  You're definitely not alone, but I'm still pre-op.
DailyMae123
on 3/23/11 12:22 pm
Go to the dermatologist.  They've seen private parts before.  For places where skin touches skin you can roll up gauze to wick away the moisture. Change often of course.   It used to help me, but see the dermatologist before it gets worse. 

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 3/23/11 12:31 pm - Belleville, IL
I have no suggestions, but just wanted to offer you ((((hugs))) and let you know I understand...

I have a dear friend who suffers from debilitating psoriasis (inverse and regular) I know it is painful. She is always getting staph infections where the skin breaks and oozes as well.

A good dermatologist will sometimes use off label medicine like Enbrel or Methotrexate and sometimes it *can* help but those meds can have serious side effects.

Good luck to you!

Warmly,
Jackie

ChrissyD70
on 3/23/11 11:50 pm - O'Fallon, MO
Thanks for the hug!  We have the same hottie but crappy bariatric surgeon... LOL..

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views