My Gastric Bypass

Charlene R.
on 3/24/11 12:00 am - Brunswick, GA
My surgery is quickly approaching-the 13th and I am asking for insights on the first few days after the bypass. Feelings, myths,and facts I am planning to stay at the Manley house afterwards, but I will be alone. What tools would or could have helped you the first few days after the bypass esp. if you were alone or if you were not alone.

Charlene R
Charlene Reeves          
auriyahzhane
on 3/24/11 12:30 am - OK
Charlene, I was not alone but my husband was in the process of moving duty stations.  So he was in and out and he took care of our daughter to make sure she did not feel uneasy about me being in the hospital.  What I think you should have is someone to come in and check on you that you know.  The reason that I say that is because when and if you are feeling upset or scared about your choice you can talk to someone that is close to you.  Make sure you are getting up walking and stay up on your pain medications.  You will need someone to drive you home in case you are still on those medications.  You can do this and you will be fine my prayers are with you..  Drink your water (fluids)...
Charlene R.
on 3/26/11 1:09 pm - Brunswick, GA
I don't have anyone to check on me except by phone. I might have to trave 5+ hours home, but will decide the 14th.
Charlene Reeves          
flyingwoman
on 3/24/11 12:37 am
I was not alone, but I was awake very very early in themornings, long before the start of visiting hours. One of the things that helped me was Jon Kabat Zinn's books on tape and his guided meditation series. It helped me make that uncomfortable alone time into a purposefull meditative and personal insight time.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Charlene R.
on 3/26/11 1:11 pm - Brunswick, GA
Thanks. I am a morning person too. i will carry items. Do they have CD or DVD's in hospital.
Charlene Reeves          
flyingwoman
on 3/27/11 3:18 am
 Not in mine... I doubt in many. I used my iPod.

Charlene R.
on 3/27/11 5:02 am - Brunswick, GA
Thanks I will carry something too. Where did you have yours?
Charlene Reeves          
flyingwoman
on 3/27/11 1:10 pm
 Canada - Humber Region Regional Hospital in Toronto.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 107 views
Recent Topics