Meatless Fridays: Thai Tuna Sliders...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 3:30 am - Baltimore, MD
Recap: I don't do meat on Fridays during Lent. I'm not Catholic but my grandfather was so it's sorta to pay homage to him.

Anyhoo...here's today's lunch offering:

I like this tuna slider format better than my original tuna burger recipe. Easier to handle and if I have two and get full I put the other one back. I have this "thing" about putting partially eaten food in the fridge. I'm weird like that.

Anyway, check it out on Bariatric Foodie!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

ktharp89
on 3/25/11 4:13 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Nik, I think I love you.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 4:21 am - Baltimore, MD
I get that a lot.

:)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

ktharp89
on 3/25/11 4:24 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Nik, after looking at all the recipes on bariatric foodie, I wanted to ask you what is your fav recipe on their of all time? What is your fav sweet thing? Fav dinner?
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 4:33 am - Baltimore, MD
Uh...oh...wow...it isn't easy to render me speechless but I think I am.

Well here's the thing. I have a wanderer's pallette (which is why I was made for food blogging!). I like to switch it up a lot. Having said that...

Hands down my fav dessert is the protein banana rum cake with peanut butter frosting. (The divas liked that one too).

The dinner I make most frequently (which can be loosely translated to my favorite) is the Taco Casserole. (although I don't like the pic I took of it. Might have to change that out.)

ktharp89
on 3/25/11 4:48 am - Gaithersburg, MD
I can't WAIT to try the peanut butter cake.  I am going to wait for a while to have it because it is so carby and I want to wait for carbs for awhile. Peanut butter is my favorite thing in the whole world. When do u think would be a good time to have it? I move on to soft foods on April 6!

Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 5:16 am, edited 3/25/11 5:18 am - Baltimore, MD
Actually if you run the stats, the net carbs actually don't overtake the protein (at least not the way I make it). The only carb heavy thing in there is the bananas but I packed a LOT of protein to counteract it. Not trying to sway you to make it. Just that just because it LOOKS carb heavy doesn't mean it is ;).

But you being so early out? THAT is a consideration. I'd say have this for your one year surgiversary. For a dessert you could have now, if you like coffee and chocolate try the  mocha cheesecake protein shake. You won't think you're having protein.

ktharp89
on 3/25/11 5:28 am - Gaithersburg, MD
K great tip. Thanks!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/11 5:55 am - Baltimore, MD
No problem!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views