This is what I eat in a day...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/26/11 9:58 am - Baltimore, MD

I see the question asked a lot about how much people eat/how many calories/how much volume, etc.

For my part, I always SAY I have the Wonder Pouch. And I do, in some respects. I can eat a good deal of food and not get overfull. Which makes it all the more important to be mindful of what I eat.

So anyway, to give you an example of what THIS three year post-op eats in a day, I've posted my day's eating on Bariatric Foodie. I don't claim to be representative of all three year post-ops. I can only speak for myself. But I will say that I finally have found an eating schedule and a collection of foods that finds me rarely snacking. I don't graze a lot. I eat nearly the same time every day and have for a looong time.

Today was a little different as I slept late and the weekends are a little more lax. But still...not a bad eating day for me at all.

Check it out on Bariatric Foodie if you want!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

TrueNorthFriend
on 3/26/11 10:11 am - Canada
Love this, Nik.  I'm just about 1.5 yrs post op.    I've stayed completely away from bread, tortillas, pasta, rice and all that....  but have recently come to the conclusion that I'm a bit carb starved - lacking energy etc.   So yesterday I tried out one egg western on crisp w/w toast.  I really felt a boost of energy and just general overall felt better.  I'm dealing with the emotional/psychological stuff - so much FEAR of carbs!  Even before surgery I was a complex carb only person...  just too much of a good thing.  I think this year is going to be about finding the balance.  Sounds like you're oing very well with that.    Good luck with Lent! 
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/26/11 10:14 am - Baltimore, MD
My NUT suggested more high fiber starches because I reported snacking a lot through the day. She said that meant I wasn't taking enough in at a meal and to add some fiber in there. I did and it worked! I don't snack much because my meals leave me really sated.

Not to say I never snack but it has cut down drastically.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Vyxxin18
on 3/26/11 11:33 am - PA
LOVE this post, I'm a very visual person  :)  I have literally thought about photographing my food for online journal  :)  OH, and what is that awesome looking dessert?!? Finally, the mudslide? Ingredients? Are we allowed whipped cream post-op or is that an alternative? I've cut a lot of the easy stuff out of my diet (carbs, sugars, etc)  but some of the other stuff I do NOT know we are/aren't allowed  :)  and I will SO be bookmarking that bariatric foodie page for reading when I've finally read through this place enough!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/26/11 1:28 pm - Baltimore, MD
No problem!

The recipes are linked. Click the words and you'll get to the recipe!

Jane N.
on 3/26/11 1:45 pm - Round Rock, TX
I highly recommend doing the photojournal of what you eat.  If you scroll through my blog (which I seriously need to update some day), you'll see I was doing that preop and a little postop too.  It made me feel accountable and was a fast way to track what I was eating as I could then write it all down at my leisure when I needed to show it to my physician.

Ladytazz
on 3/26/11 11:35 am
I have to say that I am addicted to your salted caramel dessert. Unfortunately the sugar alcohols aren't agreeing with me. I wish they made a sugar free caramel pudding without it, as well as the sugar free caramel sauce.
karync
on 3/26/11 3:36 pm - Martinez, CA
Thanks so much for posting this, Nik!  I love your blog, by the way.  There are lots of very helpful tips there...and recipes that I'll be venturing into soon.

I have had troubles with my food since the start but tonight I was able to eat a whole grain, low-fat waffle (previously frozen) with peanut butter and cinnamon.  I was totally thrilled with being able to eat the whole thing!!!

I hope you had fun on your date! 
karyn

mandajolyn
on 3/26/11 5:23 pm - Tallahassee, FL
There are days I can eat more than others. I'm noticing I have to pay more attention the further out I get. My surgeon talks a lot about balance in our daily diets and eating a variety of things. I'm noticing if I'm eating like I should be then I tend to snack less. As always thank you for sharing your journey! You're awesome!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Lady Lithia
on 3/26/11 5:38 pm
HA! I'm gonna post what I ate today too!

1. 100-calorie snack bar with morning meds
2. hubby made breakfast, so I had eggs, some hash browns, and sausage (about 1/2 cup) (200 calories)
3. 1/2 cup berries with 1/2 cup fage yoghurt (two times in the day) (200 calories?)
4.. throughout the day I had three protein shakes (110 calories each)
5. marinated chicken (too tough, had approx 1/2 ounce), half a barbecued acorn squash, and a small potatoe (350 calories?) 
6. Oh, and I also had about 10 light pringles at midday (100 calories ?) 
7. My "hit the sheets" snack to stave off RH is some cashews/almonds/pumpkin seed clusters I bought at costco. (150 calories)

Today is a high calorie day for me...... I put guestimates of calories above.... 1600 calories??? egads! 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 474 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 38 views