This is what I eat in a day...
I see the question asked a lot about how much people eat/how many calories/how much volume, etc.
For my part, I always SAY I have the Wonder Pouch. And I do, in some respects. I can eat a good deal of food and not get overfull. Which makes it all the more important to be mindful of what I eat.
So anyway, to give you an example of what THIS three year post-op eats in a day, I've posted my day's eating on Bariatric Foodie. I don't claim to be representative of all three year post-ops. I can only speak for myself. But I will say that I finally have found an eating schedule and a collection of foods that finds me rarely snacking. I don't graze a lot. I eat nearly the same time every day and have for a looong time.
Today was a little different as I slept late and the weekends are a little more lax. But still...not a bad eating day for me at all.
Check it out on Bariatric Foodie if you want!
on 3/26/11 10:11 am - Canada
Not to say I never snack but it has cut down drastically.
on 3/26/11 11:35 am
I have had troubles with my food since the start but tonight I was able to eat a whole grain, low-fat waffle (previously frozen) with peanut butter and cinnamon. I was totally thrilled with being able to eat the whole thing!!!
I hope you had fun on your date!
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
on 3/26/11 5:38 pm
1. 100-calorie snack bar with morning meds
2. hubby made breakfast, so I had eggs, some hash browns, and sausage (about 1/2 cup) (200 calories)
3. 1/2 cup berries with 1/2 cup fage yoghurt (two times in the day) (200 calories?)
4.. throughout the day I had three protein shakes (110 calories each)
5. marinated chicken (too tough, had approx 1/2 ounce), half a barbecued acorn squash, and a small potatoe (350 calories?)
6. Oh, and I also had about 10 light pringles at midday (100 calories ?)
7. My "hit the sheets" snack to stave off RH is some cashews/almonds/pumpkin seed clusters I bought at costco. (150 calories)
Today is a high calorie day for me...... I put guestimates of calories above.... 1600 calories??? egads!
~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost!
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!