Opinions please!

bunnyandbubby
on 3/26/11 1:41 pm - Henderson, NV
 Hey everybody!  I need some opinions!  I am about 15 months out from surgery, and I'm wondering if I'm doing okay with my calorie/protein intake and how it balances out with my exercising.

I take in, on average, about 800 to 1000 calories daily and 120 grams of protein.  I exercise pretty hard for about an hour or 90 minutes six days a week.  I've been just plugging along doing this, but I'm wondering... am I eating enough calories for as hard as I work in the gym?  I feel fine and it seems to work.  However, I'm wondering about the sustainability of it.  I am under my original goal, and my surgeon said I would be safe to lose about 20 more (I have a small frame).  Still, I want to make sure I do it in a healthy way.

What do you guys think??

Thanks!
ANDREA 

HW 290/GW 159 (reached 2/19/11)/CW 142

Anabella
on 3/26/11 1:55 pm - Fresno, CA
 Wow, Your surgeon recommended 120 grams of protein? I am 5ft.5inches and the recommended is 60 grams for myself. But then again every surgeon is different. 
bunnyandbubby
on 3/26/11 1:57 pm - Henderson, NV
 He recommends around 80-100, 120 if you're super active (like I am).
ANDREA 

poet_kelly
on 3/26/11 10:24 pm - OH
I suspect it's not enough calories.

But how do you feel?  And are you losing at a good rate but not real fast now?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bunnyandbubby
on 3/27/11 4:52 am - Henderson, NV
I am losing at a pretty decent rate... well, I was, up until the last few weeks.  It has slooooowed down a lot.  I'm okay with that.  However, I've also noticed that I have been getting more tired too.  That's why I'm asking.  Although I'm within the calorie limits of my surgeon's plan, I wonder if I need to bump up the calories a bit so I have the stamina for my workouts (which are hard).  I want to be sure I am doing this in a healthy way!
ANDREA 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?