Im Curious....

OCCali_Girl
on 3/27/11 5:30 pm - CA
I am now 45 lbs down and going strong...... now on a girl who is over 300 that is a lot of weight and I KNOW I look like I have lost weight but with very few exceptions people have not said ANYTHING to me!!

I am curious to find out who else has run into this.  Do you think it is because they don't want to imply that you are Fat? or could it really be that they don;t notice?  I know at like 80 lbs they  will HAVE  to notice but I would not mind a little observatin at the moment... what do you guys think?!

Just curious what other peoples expereinces have been in this realm!

Thanks for reading!
~Anna

The band may not be perfect, but it will be perfect for me!

VEGAS IN JUNE GOAL!!        

Jessie K.
on 3/27/11 5:52 pm
I lost 35 lbs presurgery and now  26-27 since surgery, so all together its over 60 lbs and ppl have just started saying that I look different and that they can tell.

Give it time.
I don't know how tall you are, but I'm 5'9 bordering on 5'10 and I think that has something to do with it as well.

If I were say, 5'1 I'm sure the weight loss would look much more dramatic.  :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
seattledeb
on 3/27/11 7:11 pm
I started at 378. For me it took about 100 pounds before people really starting saying anything.
It will happen.
Deb T.

slim4three
on 3/27/11 7:52 pm
 I'm 5'3" and I started at 232 and it took about 50 lbs. before people started to notice and say anything.  I know for me it took a while before I really started to drop clothing sizes and that's when people started to notice the most - when I was wearing different smaller clothing.  
 HW/Current/Goal
232/148/135
plum21
on 3/27/11 8:07 pm - Miami, FL
 Starting at 317 - it took a hundred pound and six months before all but the most observant people noticed. I was glad it took so long. Some people mentioned, did you get a haircut? New clothes? They recognize something is changing, but wait a while, they'll notice.
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 8:56 pm
People are just now starting to give me compliments....

Give it time and they will come.

Ladycavez
on 3/27/11 9:02 pm
I think everyone is right. I'm only 3 weeks out today and I feel like it's so obvious, but people haven't noticed--and that's actually okay by me cause I'm not really ready to go into everything with people. I'm not ready to face the nay sayers that I think I'll encounter. You know, those people that think WLS is the "easy" way out.

Good luck and congrats on your weight loss!

Hugs,
Carly
Amy L.
on 3/27/11 10:07 pm - Buffalo, NY
I started at 252 and it took about 50 pounds before anyone really noticed.  Now, everyone notices, and it's such a great feeling!
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

Momma2nicknmike
on 3/27/11 10:20 pm - Beavercreek, OH
 I am down 30 lbs and no one has said a thing!  I am 5'7" and still wearing most of my old clothes, which are now a bit baggy, so I'm sure that has somthing to do with it.  I'm sure when I see people that I haven't seen in a while it will be very noticeable to them.
Lynne

Lynne    

SueinUtah
on 3/27/11 10:34 pm
I've gone from 245 to 187 in the last three months and people are just now starting to ask me if I've lost weight.  Before that it was more like, "you look nice today" types of comments.  I think that even though we sometimes FEEL like people must be looking at us and thinking about how fat we are, most people just don't pay that much attention to other people's size.  They don't notice until there is a truly drastic change.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views