Freezing!

smtr38
on 3/28/11 5:18 am - middleton, NH
Ok, I know I'm from NH, but my God I am freezing all the time!  I know everyone tells me that I've lost a lot of "insulation" and that's why I am so cold.  None of my skinny friends are ever this cold.  What gives?  Is there something wrong with me or is this very common?

laura_vermont
on 3/28/11 5:23 am
Hey neighbor!  Unfortunately, it's very common.... yes, lost insulation & we haven't adapted yet.  My thinnest friend is cold frequently too - but I do anticipate that things will improve with time.  At least I hope they will!
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

bunnyandbubby
on 3/28/11 5:27 am - Henderson, NV
 I sleep with 2 pairs of "arctic socks" some nights... the ones designed for thirty below temperatures.  And my feet are STILL cold.  I wear jackets all the time, even though I live in Vegas and it gets scorching hot.  My surgeon said this is normal.  
ANDREA 

HW 290/GW 159 (reached 2/19/11)/CW 142

cajungirl
on 3/28/11 6:06 am
Very common with post-ops.  I'm 6 years out, live in Louisiana and still using a space heater at work and living with socks on because my feet and hands are always cold.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Karly Green
on 3/28/11 6:44 am - Middletown, NJ
Yep! I'm always cold too. Like .... ALWAYS!
My feet and hands are like icecubes! I live under a blanket when I'm watching TV or relaxing at home. I have my space heater going all day pointed directly at my feet when I'm at work.
It's crazy!
Everyone says it's common. It just makes me long for summer even more! lol

I lucked out with a always hot boyfriend. So as soon as he climbs into bed I have my instant heater, YAY!

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
Katari
on 3/28/11 6:51 am - OR
Like everyone else said, It's normal. Your skinny friends didn't have all the insulation on them to lose so they don't feel the same way. You however have just taken off your winter coat and are running around in a tank top in the snow. I'm hopeful that it'll change later on, but if not, that's okay. I bought stock in the long john company, LOL!

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 3/28/11 7:37 am
Our body is still trying to get everything figured out after surgery , and losing a lot of insulation makes us cold. I froze the first year post op but then everything evened out and I wasn't cold anymore. It happens to all of us when we lose quickly - but it does get better later.
Jen 9 yrs opst op
ssciolino
on 3/28/11 10:58 am - Webster, NY

Almost three years out...and...still FREEZING!  Even in the summer, the air conditioning bothers me.  I'll get a wicked hot flash,   then 2 minutes I'll have the chills.   I just keep a sweater nearby..all the time!

"Life is a succession of lessons which much be lived to be understood"  Helen Keller      
smtr38
on 3/28/11 11:54 pm - middleton, NH
Thank you all for confirming that I'm not nuts, medically flawed, or otherwise senile (at least as it relates to my question)!   I can always count on you guys!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 551 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 535 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 132 views
Recent Topics