Postive inspiration and shared stories

desertdancer
on 3/30/11 7:00 am
* posted this on main board as well, just wanted to cover both forums*

I have a date of april 29th and I have posted in other areas how I am going back and forth, the whole emotional coast ride.

Something I wanted for soooo long and been through a few times now, being approved suddenly overly terrified?

I know part of my problem is that I work in the medical field and lately sought out the complications probably a little more than most, trying to be "prepared" for either ending.

I am asking those on the side of losing, newbies post op and vets, who has NOT had any compications? and also those that did, how did you make it through and what it took. I am not worried about the battle, i am worried about not being here to do so.

Thanks, I appricate all of you here. *HUG*

also i DO know that I risk a lot staying obese, and realize the need to compare the risks for both, I am just working on this side of it at the moment. The other side is what drove me to work this hard for surgery all this time.

signatureshort.jpg picture by desertdancer2008  

Lady Lithia
on 3/30/11 7:04 am
Other than an allergy to the steristrips, I had no complications at all.

I do dump, and suspect I have Reactive Hypoglycemia and eat/act accordingly.

I recently posted a sort of eye-opening photo montage last night.... not sure if it is ENcouraging or DIScouraging

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4363680/EXCESS-SKIN-af ter-losing-200-pounds/

Also, I recently had my tailbone removed.... an extremely rare complication of WEIGHT LOSS (not surgery, just weight loss).... most people get transitory tailbone pain. It is a part of my weight loss journey, though because if I didn't lose my enormous caboose, I wouldn't have developed chronic tailbone pain.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Bootssie
on 3/30/11 7:10 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
I have not had any complications at all from my RNY. BUT I am only 3 and a half months out. The only thing that has been an issue off and on is constipation. However, I am on daily pain meds for other issues and that is also one of the side effects. Recovery was painful and slow but I have never gotten sick or nauseous, never dumped, no strictures, etc. I WAS terrified going into surgery. But the surgery itself went perfectly.

azreggie
on 3/30/11 7:24 am - Tucson, AZ
No complications here, I was back to work in two weeks, but I fly a desk.

Reggie

CarolineM
on 3/30/11 7:44 am
 Ten months out, no complications.

I did have a yeast infection on the skin under my breasts and belly a few days after surgery, which was no big deal, but I mention in the interest of full disclosure since it was likely caused by what was used to clean the skin prior to surgery.

Caroline
  HW 400   SW 355    CW 178   GW 180           5'10"

Katari
on 3/30/11 7:46 am - OR
Year and a half out, no complications.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

ANNI D.
on 3/30/11 7:51 am
I have had absolutely no problems at all and I'm almost 3 weeks out. I had my surgery in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, which to some would be a little more scary than usual, but I knew I had to do it, so no matter what happened I was doing it. I had gas for about 3 days, but that didnt start until about one day after I got out of the hospital. I accidently ate some greek yogart that had 19g of sugar, so as of yet, I dont dump either. For everything that always goes wrong in my life, so far the post-op has been a breeze. No one ever knows what the future will bring though! I just keep thinking about all the posts I read about people freaking out and nothing about my recovery was eventful enough to even talk about. Good luck 
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

desertdancer
on 3/30/11 8:23 am
I appriciate all of this, and its not just on the boards, online everywhere. I have so much in life to look forward to and so nervous today, hoping tomorrow i wake up and i am back to where i was.

signatureshort.jpg picture by desertdancer2008  

Lizzie S.
on 3/30/11 9:04 am
I'm about 5.5 weeks out and have had absolutely no complications.   After surgery my pain was mostly in my shoulders from the gas they use, and at about 24 hours even that really eased up.  I've had no nausea, no vomiting, no gas, no burping, foaming, strictures, nothing stuck, no dumping (not that I've tested it out though)....it has been such an easy recovery for me and I am feeling wonderful.  If not for the incisions and shoulder pain I had I'd have sworn they hadn't touched me.  I was able to walk well in the hospital and spent a lot of time doing that for entertainment, and when I came home 2 days after surgery I started walking around the block which is about 3/4 mile.  How many laps I do now depends on the weather and my knees.

I "waffled" back and forth until I actually got a surgery date, then I was nothing but excited....I even woke up from surgery still excited, lol.  
Lizzy

DebsGiz
on 3/30/11 9:35 am - FL
Two-plus years out and have had absolutely no complications.

The only thing I really have to be careful with is constipation, but I take a shot of Miralax most days and this has kept me very regular.

Good luck!!! 
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views