7 week-long stall and frustration

newmonica30
on 3/31/11 8:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
I try to keep my game face on. I look great right? I have already lost half of my excess weight! I shop in "normal sized" stores. I try to keep my game face on.
For the last 7 weeks I have teetered between 203-207 pounds. Today (after starting working out last week) I weight 200-201 (prior to today I was 204)... it's like I got SO close to onderland and just stopped. I knew this was too good to be true. What if  I am stuck/done? I mean, who ever heard of an almost 2 month long stall? I can't even remember what it feels like to step on a scale and see 5, 10, 15 pounds gone. If I had had somewhat normal (for me) weight lost this last two months, I would be 20-30 pounds lighter and looking forward to spring shopping. Instead I feel like the fat girl all over again. I'm trying not to cry as I type this, but I've been trying not to cry for the last 7 weeks and I'm tired. Should I be starving myself? I don't get it.
S O    B E Y O N D  F R U S T R A T E D

:o(

The time will come when, with elation you will greet yourself arriving at your own door, in your own mirror and each will smile at the other's welcome, and say, sit here. Eat. You will love again the stranger who was your self.Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart. take down the love letters from the bookshelf, the photographs, the desperate notes, peel your own image from the mirror. Sit. Feast on your life. ~D.W.
~Monica.30 y.o.5'8".SW-265.GW-150~

nomoresugar
on 3/31/11 8:25 am
You have been so successful, don't give up.  You may be stuck for a bit, but not done.  Many people have had stalls that lasted months, let alone weeks.

To help break a stall, change up your food and exercise.  more protein, plenty of water as usual and change your exercise routine.

You will make it!
newmonica30
on 3/31/11 8:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
thanks,
I feel pretty crappy. But 65 lbs is no drop in the bucket. I'm grateful. I'm definitely going to add more protein and cut the carbs (even though my NUT told me not to worry about them). With only 50 pounds to lose, I just want to get it over with and go into maintenance stage.
BUT I do feel better reading your reply, thanks again :)

The time will come when, with elation you will greet yourself arriving at your own door, in your own mirror and each will smile at the other's welcome, and say, sit here. Eat. You will love again the stranger who was your self.Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart. take down the love letters from the bookshelf, the photographs, the desperate notes, peel your own image from the mirror. Sit. Feast on your life. ~D.W.
~Monica.30 y.o.5'8".SW-265.GW-150~

wendy3223
on 3/31/11 9:13 am
 I feel your pain!  I am in the middle of a stall myself right now!  You have lost 65 pounds and that is wonderful!!  i can only hope that neither of us is done losing and that we will reach the maintenance phase!!  it sounds like your stall may be breaking though if you were down today :)  good news!  

Good luck!
~wendy~

RLP39
on 3/31/11 3:59 pm
I am 11 months out now and things started to slow down around month 6.  I had the same doubts and fears that I was done losing.  I had several "stalls" but slow and steady the weight continues to come off.  They tell us at the beginning that the most significant weight loss occurs in the first 6 months but that many people continue losing more slowly for up to 2 years following surgery.  I have been losing 2 lbs a month for the last 4 months but slow and steady works just as well.  You will be surprised now that you are in "normal" sizes how each five pounds can put you into a new size.  Also if you are doing any resistance training or exercise you may notice changes in clothing size even without additional weight loss.  Stalls suck!  They are frustrating and we all worry about failure but hold steady.  You will lose again!
HW/SW/CW/GW - 257/229/151/136                      

2tired2befat
on 4/1/11 2:37 am, edited 4/1/11 2:40 am - Spring Hill, TN
OMGOSH I could have written this post exactly.  We are only 3 weeks apart in our surgeries and we are experiencing the stall from hell at the same time.  Meanwhile I have found myself avoiding certain posts in OH from people that I know are melting and by self-admission not exercising or 'always' eating right and I sit and wonder; why not me?  Why am I not melting?  Why am I on a 2 month stall literally playing with the same 2-3 pounds week after, week?  BUT I am laying down the ground work for a long term commitment to this life-style and that is what we have to remember when we let the scale dictate our day.  I am working out 4-5 times a week and loving it, not only for the weight-loss benefits but for the definition I am seeing in my body--I have the outline of abs...ME, I DO!!! My mid-section is a size 8 so I have to credit exercise for that!  You found some positives in your post...use those as motivation.  Shopping is so much fun now, just remember that feeling and how you never want to go back to plus size shopping.  I'm really working on looking at this as a long term life change and convincing myself that the numbers will follow.  They will in time.  Just stick with your plan.  Our pouches are maturing and we can sample things we shouldn't and potentially open pandora's box in a temporary moment of weakness or perhaps self-sabatoge without realizing it.  So it is more important than ever to stay focused on our goals.  My suggestion is to set a different goal than weight.  I have and that is to have a 24 inch waist.  I'm only 4 inches from that goal!!!  
Hang in there...I KNOW it is frustrating but you've got this...keep on keeping on and when your stall breaks I want to be one of the first to know!!
Best to you!
April

Mary B.
on 4/1/11 3:29 am - Southern, MD
 Im frustrated right along with you!

I stalled out in January. Lost nothing. I stalled out again for the month of March. Lost nothing.

Following my plan of exercise and 1000 calories x 65g protein minimum daily.

I met with my Nut last week and we decided to up my caloires and protein as well as adding 10-15 minutes of exercise to what Im already doing.

So far, I havent bounced up (Been bouncing up and down the same 3 lbs). Im still at the lower number, hopefully it will move DOWN soon!

Heres to a good April for us both!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?