QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

martine0421
on 4/1/11 12:47 am - camp lejeune, NC
I had surgery on 3/29 and to be totally honest to you if it was for the gas pain I would not even know that I had surgery. I am able to move around without problems. I can get up onmy own...shower on my own... walk 15 laps around my house and I even cleaned my kitchen.. Now mind you I did all of this very slowly being careful, but people think I am doin too much. I dont feel any pain.. I mean seriously. People said that I should be laying around the house all day for the first week. I feel miserable just laying around. I am sipping my water all day long and I drink about 32oz or water or a tad bit more of water every day. I GO on full liquids as of tomorrow .. I have my staples removed on 4/5.. I just dont get it I have a blast of energy and I feel awesome. should I be doing things different?????

deborahgalek31
on 4/1/11 12:53 am
Good for you girl!  If you have the energy, do what you can...just be very careful and take things slow.  If you start getting tired, sit and rest.  I hope your energy level lasts. 

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
bubbylucy
on 4/1/11 12:54 am - Raleigh, NC
Girl I am so glad to hear you are doing so well, but your body does need rest to heal. You may feel burst of energy but your body is not taking in enough protein or calories to over do it. This was a major surgery for your body and it needs all the protein and calories to heel, you can not afford to expend those calories on chores around the house. Be patient with yourself and try and rest no matter how board you are.
I hope things continue to be so smooth
Audra

SugarGrl
on 4/1/11 12:57 am
I feel exactly the same way (wls 3/23).  I don't want to lay around. I have all this energy and I want to use it!  I'm glad you are doing so well and I know you will know when to slow down and rest up. 

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Michellem8991
on 4/1/11 1:02 am - CT
I felt kind of the same way. I have had no problems to speak of either.
Melissalove3
on 4/1/11 1:08 am - Portland, OR

I had a bunch of energy too!!! But,  a few times I over did it and payed for it in the evening.. Thank god for Loritab.. Your doing fine. Just make sure you rest, mainly because you deserve it!!

cajungirl
on 4/1/11 1:22 am
I did to the first 2 weeks.  The exhaustion hit me at week 3.  Although you feel good please don't push yourself.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

twincredible
on 4/1/11 1:41 am
I am so glad to hear that you are doing well!  I also had a lot of energy and felt terrific after surgery.  I am a single mom of twin boys who both have special needs, and I was home 2 days after surgery taking care of them (bending over giving them a bath, etc.) and doing laundry, without help.  My surgeon does not give lifting restrictions, but many do, so that is one thing I would caution you about.

I went back to work a week after surgery, and continued to feel great.

Then.....the exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks around week 3.  By 5-6pm each day I could barely stay awake, and it was a horrible struggle to take care of my boys in the evenings.  It lasted about two weeks, and by week 5-6, I felt great again. 

So, enjoy how great you feel and how well you are doing!  I hope that you don't struggle with exhaustion later, but if you do, just know that it is ok and that you will be feeling good again in no time!
Melissa
HW 320/SW 280/CW 149.5 /GW 145

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?