I'm bummed with myself!!!

Ladycavez
on 4/1/11 4:57 am
I'm in week 4 post op. My energy level is beyond low this week. I felt better last week. I have been walking on my treadmill, but can't seem to get it in regularly.

I know how important it is to utilize this "honeymoon" period. Please tell me I haven't screwed up royally from lack of energy and motivation or. These first 4 weeks.

I SWEAR next week I'm going to get 5 days of walking in even if I have to chain myself to the back of a car!!!

Needing some encouragement,
CC
JennaKopanyi
on 4/1/11 5:00 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
you just had major surgery, you are goign to be tired!

are you getting in your B-12? I know that made a huge difference in my energy levels. I keep mine by the bed and take them as soon as my first alarm goes off, every morning

you're doing fine!!! hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

nomoresugar
on 4/1/11 5:01 am

You will be fine!  Just keep doing your best, and quit feeling bad about it.  I was unable to exercise (in a wheel chair for 8 weeks) and still lost weight.  I ate properly, drank fluids and stayed off the scale.  I did grea, down 50 pounds.

The honeymoon definitely is NOT over.

Ladycavez
on 4/1/11 5:09 am
Been taking the B-12, I heard it's very important.

I even missed my appt today to get my hair cut and colored because after my kids left or school, I thought I'd lay down for a few minutes and BAM!!! 1PM!!!!!!

I'm diligent about my fluids, not so big on meals---I eat cause I should. I'm not getting on the scale because it wasn't my friend during week 2 and 3. I'm noticing changes in how I feel and with my clothes--that makes me happy, but I'm trying to get over the number obsession.

I've spent my entire adult life being overweight. Dieting-losing, gaining, losing-gaining. I just want this to finally put an end to yo-yo dieting.

Thank you beyond words for taking the time to send encouraging words!!

Hugs,
Carly
Lena0003
on 4/1/11 5:16 am - Maple Grove, MN

Fluids and protein are big right now.  Eat when you're supposed to.  Some people lose their sense of hungar for a long time, mine came back at seven weeks.  At four weeks I felt the same way about food as you mentioned.  But all the signs that you mentioned show you are doing something right.  The scale can be a friend, and an enemy.  Like I said in my original response, I really think you're doing wonderful!  But it is easy to be afraid you're doing something wrong early out.  But before you know it, you'll be 6 months out like I am now, and barely remember week 4!

Starting Weight:  359.9 lbs  Day of surgery:  345 lbs  My Goal:  170 lbs  Surgeon's Goal:  145 lbs
"Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels."

Lena0003
on 4/1/11 5:12 am - Maple Grove, MN
Umm...the first four weeks, the only walking I did was to avoid blood clots.  I spent a lot of time in bed until my mom came in (I stayed with them a few weeks post op) and would force me to get my walking in!  According to my program anyway, the walking that early out wasn't for weight loss purposes, it was just to help avoid the risk of clots, and just to stay ambulatory because it helps with pain too.  And that walking wasn't much walking.  I didn't start walking to raise my heartbeat until I was cleared for it at six weeks.  The honeymoon period has some time left on it, hun!  In fact, I think you're in the recovery period still!  Don't be so hard on yourself!  In fact, based on my behavior and that of others I know, I'd say you are actually ahead of the game as far as walking!  Don't push yourself too hard yet.  As another poster said, you did just have major surgery.  You are doing great!
Starting Weight:  359.9 lbs  Day of surgery:  345 lbs  My Goal:  170 lbs  Surgeon's Goal:  145 lbs
"Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels."

Ladycavez
on 4/1/11 5:25 am
You all are terrific, I feel relieved already!!! It's unbelievable what an emotional ride this venture can be!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 5:43 am - Boston, MA
I'm 2.5 weeks post op and I haven't started exercising yet, the surgery kicked my ass and now I"m just plain exhausted and still in a bit of pain I don't have the energy to put sneakers on and walk yet! I feel better everyday so hopefully the time is coming soon but I'm not pushing myself it will happen!
Lady Lithia
on 4/1/11 5:30 am
While I MEANT to start walking and exercisin postop, and I highly recommend it.... I am still procrastinating it. I'll start one of these days.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Michellem8991
on 4/1/11 6:17 am - CT
I needed to hear that too. I'm not loosing either right now. I could do better with excersising. I love the pool and the water is raising havoc with my inscisions. Just one really but it's the big one. I have been stuck for a week.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 378 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 231 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics