Weight loss has ended, full-stop.

Rosanette
on 4/2/11 11:34 am
Well, I find it hard to believe that's 1600 calories, but if you say it is, then I guess it is. I added up my calories several times, and I've always been hard-pressed to get more than 800. I mean, if I do some cookies in addition to my usual, then I suppose I coulg get to 1600, but not on a regular basis. But I am also not exercising nearly as much, or as active as you are, I bet. Still, I can't see anything in your menu that looks indulgent or unreasonable,  IMHO.  So, keep to what you know you should and don't sweat it.

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we will walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over again the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. -- Thoreau 

siberiancat
on 4/2/11 5:30 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I didn't make goal till 23 months post RNY - so don't give up.  Keep following your plan.  Protein first, losts of veggies, some fruit and whole grains.  I would really limit the white flour and white sugar. (bagels really don't offer much nutrition for the calories).

Adding a protein drink may be beneficial.  At 6 months I didn't have that many calories, at 24 months I aim for 1100 calories, but it is hard for me to get that many in.  You do more intense exercise than I'm currently doing.

Just keep on track and you will break this stall.  The scale isn't god - the way the clothes fit is an indicator of weight loss also. 

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Koko M.
on 4/2/11 6:20 am - Albany, CA
Thanks.

I know the range for caloric intake is wide, due to different activity levels, but it is so wide, I can't help but wonder if I should cut back. I did the BMR calculation, using 'sedentary' as my typical activity level, and it comes up with roughly 1500 cals a day for weigh loss. That's for people who haven't had WLS, and absorb all their calories, so it does seem like a safe number for me, considering my current level of exercise and the fact that I am (at least in theory) not absorbing everything I eat.

But I can't imagine struggling to get in 1100.  The cals add up so fast, I mean. Is it that you can't fit in more in your stomach, or that high calorie foods aren't appealing to you?

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

siberiancat
on 4/2/11 8:07 am, edited 4/2/11 8:07 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
For one thing  I don't get real hungry.  I have a protein hot latte every morning for breakfast ( I can't eat solid food early without feeling so nauseated).  The protein latte keeps me full until noon - I can't even drink for an hour after the latte.

Lunch is my largest meal.  I always have solid protein of some kind, but can only have 2-3 oz of meat.  Tuna, ground meat, boiled eggs, cheese - those types of things I can eat 4 oz.  I always have fresh veggies (organic) and fresh fruit (mix of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, fresh pineapple, kiwi, mangoes - that type of thing).  Lunch keeps me full for about 3 hours and I sometimes have a snack around 3pm.  Usually protein bar, cheese, veggie, fruit, protein snack (like Kays naturals).  Many days I just don't want to eat in the afternoon.

I really don't want to eat in the evening.  I get nauseated easier as the day goes on.  I usually have greek yogurt with pumpkin puree and BSN Cinnamon bun protein with alot of cinnamon on top and scoop it up with slices of large fuji apple (need the fiber).

Often I'm at about 800 calories and I know I need a snack about 7:30pm.  Problem is I'm not hungry and I can't eat before I go to bed - just can't lay flat and be nauseated.  Anyway - I try to get in 200-250 cal - usually with 2 T peanut butter, protein bar, eggface protein ice cream, protein snack, whole wheat crackers, flavored yogurt with fiber one.  Always something protein forward.

I usually get in 100gm protein ( my labs are low normal) and 120+ oz fluid.

Nausea was an issue for me for about 5 yrs before my RNY.  I am a dumper(sugar and fat) and don't eat anything with more than 9gm sugar per serving.  I've also become a healthy food snob - I don't eat much processed food.  I also don't eat white flour, white sugar, white rice, pasta, junk food or fast food - mostly because of empty carbs and wanting healthy nutrition.

I've lost weight every month since RNY - it's been slow.  I do exercise (mostly walking and riding exercise bike and babysitting for granddaughers 3 yo and 11 months) 3-5 days a week.  I work 3 days a week - but sedintary.

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

edited to add: I'm also only 5ft 1 in tall and 61 years old.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Steen16
on 4/2/11 11:15 am - Cape Coral, FL
Right about six months I stalled for EIGHT weeks! I was getting a bit frustrated even though I know everyone seems to stall at that point, but eight weeks???? Anyway, it's been over a month since then and I've lost 12 pounds. 5 pounds just fell off when the stall ended and then 2-3 pounds each week. I'm definitely slowing down, but I'm still losing and I'm sure you're not finished either!!!
Highest ever: 297
Pre-Op: 272 (height: 5' 7")
As of November 3rd: 159 (6 BELOW goal!!!!)
Goal: 165 
Pants size: 10  Shirt size: M

seattledeb
on 4/2/11 7:19 pm
You will lose more weight.
Deb T.

Koko M.
on 4/2/11 11:37 pm - Albany, CA
lol -

There, that's the answer I wanted to hear.
(And I have it in writing, too!)

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

seattledeb
on 4/3/11 12:52 am
Some things are just a sure thing.

grobertson88
on 4/14/11 9:33 am
me personally i have been the same about 2 months  now... and i been getting really nervous .. i have lost alot of weight dont get me wrong pre op i was 354 now im 236 but im not even a year out yet im at like 9 months on the the 19th of april...but is a stall that normal when you have lost so much already...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views