How do you handle all of the new attention?

Melinda A.
on 4/3/11 4:19 am - Annandale, VA
OK, so every time I go out, it seems that people are staring at me and stop talking when I walk by.  I asked my boyfriend today why they were doing that, and he said they are checkin' me out.  I just laughed at him ....who would check ME out?

Anyway, I get kinda embarrassed and uncomfortable when this happens.  How do you all handle the new attention?  Do you just ignore it?  How do you keep it from making you self conscious?  I'm finding myself relucant to go into public because I think they are all judging me or something -- I dunno.

Any advice would be appreciated

M M
on 4/3/11 5:11 am
 It could be that you're hyper-sensitive to anyone looking at you - because you were probably aware of them looking at you as an overweight person and NOT liking it.  It's different when you "Feel Good" -- it sort of feels good, no?
Melinda A.
on 4/3/11 5:38 am - Annandale, VA
It does feel pretty good, sometimes.  But then I'm like hmmmm ....maybe they think I'm weird lookin' ,....lol  I gotta learn to just live with it and be flattered I guess :-)
gmurn
on 4/3/11 5:15 am - Sterling, VA
I use it as motivation, and as validation that what I am working so hard at is really working. If people notice a difference, then it is really happening. It does feel good.

Don't dwell on the negative. Just enjoy the fact that others are noticing what you are being successful at!
  HW 234  SW 222  CW  159  Sur Goal: 175  My goal 140-145                   

Melinda A.
on 4/3/11 5:39 am - Annandale, VA
oooh!  you live near me :-)  I am going to adopt your mindset ...afterall, who cares if what they think might be negative --I'm startin to look HOT
MsColorado
on 4/3/11 7:03 am
People who are not family members are just starting to comment now. I think it has to do with me finally buying a few items of clothing that fit my smaller size. I try to shrug it off with a thank you and move on.

The HARD part is when they ask how I am losing it. I don't want to lie but I don't want to tell them about the surgery either. 

Melinda A.
on 4/3/11 11:47 am - Annandale, VA
I usually say I am on a low carb high protein diet.  I don't like telling most  people, either.  Correctly sized clothes definitely make a huge difference!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/3/11 12:42 pm - OH
New attention?!?!  There was supposed to be new attention?!?!?  How did I miss this, LOL?!?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics